SOLD 1983 FJ40 Unrestored, $66k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
1983 Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser | F136 | Glendale 2021 | Mecum Auctions - https://www.mecum.com/lots/AZ0321-453383/1983-toyota-fj-40-land-cruiser/

This was the nicest 40 Ive seen in a long time, I thought it would bring at least $80k.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 11.23.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 11.24.52 AM.png

Thanks for posting I wasn't watching this one. It hits all my favorites when I look for an FJ. Maybe they didn't try to market it enough. Also auction is brutal. Sooner or later I'll be selling a White 82, but no AC or PS.

Thanks for posting I wasn't watching this one. It hits all my favorites when I look for an FJ. Maybe they didn't try to market it enough. Also auction is brutal. Sooner or later I'll be selling a White 82, but no AC or PS.
Yeah, in my opinion, thats the best of the best. I would pay more for that 40 than probably any Ive ever seen. If I remember correctly, a fully restored to stock from CCOT in olive brought 80k not too far back, and it was 76-78. Id prefer this one all day long.

You probably saw this one too, but here’s your $80k

You know, I gotta ask: at these prices are the buyers actually driving them or are they putting them in storage for sale at a later time? Thanks

hmm buyer liked older year for 20k more?

hmm buyer liked older year for 20k more?
I mean, what’s really the difference? When you drop that kind of coin, likely to leave it in a climate-controllled garage, $20k isn’t that significant.

Gives all of us some bit of hope to recover some of our investments. At least for me, I can show those to my wife to try to convince her this isn’t a sinking ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom