SOLD 1982 BJ45 Troopy LHD 3b diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(255, 200, 0)
It’s time to thin the herd, too many cruisers and some need to go. This is a pretty rare 82 bj45 factory left hand drive, 12 volt, 3b diesel euro spec from Portugal. I bought it from Abe here on mud about 4 years ago. I did a backdate to 1965 front sheetmetal(all california rust free) very rare Pakistan split windshield,mint original paint front and rear doors. New door panels, headliner, inside sprayed with raptor liner, Colombian floor mat, correct front seats with headrests, rear seat is from a bj46, and one rear jump seat. Factory 3b low miles( this truck had about 150km when I bought it. I replaced the speedo with a newer us spec speedo. I did a home brew turbo and turned up the fuel a bit. It makes 12psi boost and runs as good as any 3b I have had. It is quite peppy and can pull hills no problem. Has been to 7000ft with no issue. Also did a mini truck ps conversion with correct 3b ps pump and mounts, pulleys, etc. Still retains the low gear h41 4spd, splitcase w/factory ebrake. Rear end is a bj74 full float with factory limited slip. Old man emu front springs, custom aftermarket factory tachometer, Egt, boost gauges. All electrical works, lights, switches etc.Original steel wheels with 33/9.50 skinnies! Runs, drives, and stops very well. I have been daily driving it for 4 years, super reliable, go anywhere rig. That being said, it is not a perfect rust free mint condition truck. Cold starts are rough with some smoke, clears up after 30 seconds and runs flawless.( been this way since owning and never been an issue)Frame and running gear are great, rust free, no cracks, patching, simply original and shows it’s age. The tub has some rust in the cowl area,some minor rust in the front floor/rocker, and the rear sill needs replacement.The back floor is great, the wheel wells have had a few patches but otherwise solid. I like to use my cruisers and have never let these issues bother me. The hardtop has some rust along the right front lip( found out when I put the top on last time and bent the edge!) the fiberglass roof is mint, very solid and was redone in Portugal before coming over here. The gutter is perfect. 7 ft confer rack for that vintage look!! I have a clean Colorado title in hand and can be registered pretty much anywhere but California! I do not have California title so keep that in mind if you live here. It is located in the Bay Area, 94074, happy to help load for shipping anywhere in the world. No hurry to sell, so low ball offers ignored, these are unicorns in the Troopy world, left hand drive, 12 volt ( no 24 volt nonsense) and factory 3b diesel( gets 20 plus mpg) $18,500, with some flexibility . Happy to answer any questions, (650)796 1213
0084C8ED-4277-40FC-B092-27179E98A1CA.jpeg
926B33D0-1A48-436A-A64E-326020C7299E.jpeg
C8113DD3-66F9-42DC-9FCD-881EDECB034C.jpeg
ECEBAA57-2BE6-43B8-9663-B59BDD3D3954.jpeg
841157FB-F77F-412B-AAE4-45781985FD92.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a clean Colorado title in hand and can be registered pretty much anywhere but California! I do not have California title so keep that in mind if you live here.

I was getting ready to call you until I got to these sentences.

Kalifornia. :bang:

Gary, make you a deal you can’t pass up!!
You made me a deal of the century back in 2014. Your friend had a super clean almost runing Cali fj45 for $7500. I could not do it :bang:, even though it was exactly what I want. I only had money for a daily driver.

That's a cool truck; I love the back-dating of the front end and that split front windshield, my oh my that is cool. I did similar back-dating to mine with doors and bib. Never did like how the ambi door handle was different than the front doors! GLWS! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom