1981 BJ40 engine question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am no stranger to 40's I have had two over the years, and currently have an 80. I miss my Costa Rican 40. I imported it after our trip there a few years ago. It was sold to help defray the cost of a year long family vacation. I have found a 1981 bj40 outside the USA that I would like to import. The only problem is seller claims it has a 3 engine. I think he may mean 3B. But it has a turbo that does not look factory! Can someone please tell me that an 81 would have had a factory turbo setup?? Doesn't sound right to me. I also found a 1992 beater troopy with 600k on the clock for 5 grand, but the wife says no way. She know me too well:worms:

TIA

No factory turbo 3B. The 13BT would be that varriant. The smarter people than myself would have to confirm this.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

40 series B,2B,3B,and 2H
60 series 3B,2H,and 12HT
70 series 3B and 13BT

If it has a 13BT then its a transplant chances are its a 3B with an after market turbo added.

My guess was a 3B with aftermarket turbo! That rules out importation as I don't want to risk that customs will realize it's not original and send it back:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom