Wanted 1980 or Later FJ40 Wiring Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cactus Camper

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking to upgrade my '77 40 series with door switch courtesy lighting. Interested in finding 1980 or later wiring harness to swap in.
Thanks!

FYI, the doors are actually different with the courtesy light switch, there is a "bump" on the door to meet the switch on the body, not like you can;t figure out something. But maybe Coolerman has an idea what does not involve a new harness. Also the dome light is different(and you can only get the 1 wire style(like yours has) anymore, which may be able to be made to work, the latter models used a 2 wire set up

FYI, the doors are actually different with the courtesy light switch, there is a "bump" on the door to meet the switch on the body, not like you can;t figure out something. But maybe Coolerman has an idea what does not involve a new harness. Also the dome light is different(and you can only get the 1 wire style(like yours has) anymore, which may be able to be made to work, the latter models used a 2 wire set up
Thanks for the information Landpimp. I was aware of the mechanical differences in the door but didn't know about the 2 wire setup and how rare they would be. I'm going for an OEM look, but will look through the tech threads for what others have done. Thanks!

its kinda odd the new dome lights are all 1 wire, seems the latter 2 wire would be the one around, but maybe most markets besides the US didn't get the fancy door switch........

its kinda odd the new dome lights are all 1 wire, seems the latter 2 wire would be the one around, but maybe most markets besides the US didn't get the fancy door switch........

I got a bunch of parts from a 84 HJ47RV from Australia and it had the dome light with the three position switch and A pillar switches.

I have an 81 harness what is it worth? Not sure how perfect it all is but it's probably at least 95%

This wiring harness is not set up for the door switches or extra wire to the dome light unless it was from a late 81 (82 model). This was a 82 model change not 80 model.

Personally I won't rewire the whole cruiser just to get a ground wire from the dome light to A pillar switches. I would also find the dome light first. I've located a couple but it was a lot harder than the A pillar switches and mounting brackets to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom