For Sale 1980 FJ40 Price dropppppp (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mud Member price $6500

Will be listed again on ebay tonight 03/17 with a buy it now price of 8250.

Listed here is a 1980 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40. Being a 1980 Landcruiser they include desirable late model changes and are becoming harder and harder to locate. The biggest changes were gear ratios being 3:73s instead of previously 4:11s giving better freeway speed capabilities. Along with fuel tank relocation now underneath the cab, instead of interior. Also a hand brake on the floorboard instead of on the dash.

This 1980 FJ40 was built December of 1979. To the best of my knowledge in reviewing it's documents provided, this is a California car its whole life. This Landcruiser does not have factory air conditioning or factory power steering. However, it does hold for the most part a very stock platform here. All of the original smog equipment is still in order and not modified.

Engine starts right up and drives fine, however it does have a hesitation on higher RPMs. I would suggest a simple carb rebuild, and looking into the attached smog equipment, making sure it is in order. When the motor is warmed up it idles extremely smooth, with no valve train noises at all.

Transmission shifts great, does have noise at idle with clutch disengaged, most likely is throwout bearing. Shifts into 4WD properly along with hubs locking.

Body does have rust throughout, so please carefully review the attached photos to get a better understanding of the overall condition. If you are looking for a late model FJ40 to do a restoration on, this is a great candidate. Parts are readily available from full body tubs, to patch panels, depending on what you may need. At one point it time this car has been resprayed the original color.

Electrical is in good working order. Lights operate properly along with all of the interior instrument cluster switches, and pull cables. The glass is all original TEQ, except the front windshield.

Additional parts not shown
-spare tire carrier arm

Landcruiser holds a clean California title, with current registered non-op in my name with no back fees.

I am willing to assist with shipping in US or internationally if need be. Please contact me with what you may need.

Any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact me via cell, text, PM, or email anytime.

LINK TO PHOTOS!

https://goo.gl/photos/nLBjhQE8XE37EKPJ9

Recent sales on late models have been bonkers so it's just a number. Don't get too fired up here.

Email or PM

Cheers guys

-Joe

JoeRawsonSLO@Comcast.Net

Mud Member price $6500

Last edited:
Are you the one that had it listed on Craig's list a little while ago or did you buy and now selling.?

it looked familiarGLWS

didnt a lot of the changes to the 40s occur after august of 1980? if this was built in 79 it wouldn't have those changes.

didnt a lot of the changes to the 40s occur after august of 1980? if this was built in 79 it wouldn't have those changes.

Being produced 12/79 this cruiser holds a lot of major changes.

I state in the ad the changes I know of to the best of my knowledge that this cruiser has.

I found a few links and attached them below if you want to go through them to see what the differences are by each year. 79 was a major change year.

Any further questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact me at any time.

Cheers,

-Joe Rawson
JoeRawsonSLO@Comcast.Net

http://rustybrain.com/cruisers/faq.txt

FJ40 Buyers Guide

40 Series Specific Information: Off-Road.com

JTOutfitters.com | Land Cruiser and Toyota 4wd Info, Vehicles, Parts and More

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom