SOLD 1980 FJ40 Lincoln, NE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
I have a 1980 FJ40 with PS, Nipon Denso A/C, OME 2" lift, . The top and doors are currently installed, it has a very low miles rebuilt 2f engine. The rig is in great shape. It does have a couple of very small areas of rust. The paint has some dings and scratches but over all looks great. It came from CA by way of TX. This is a very solid cruiser. The body is 98% rust free. There is one spot of rust on the back under the tire mount the size of a dime and a spot on the inner post for the top. Anything else you see in the pictures is surface only. The rear ambulance doors do have rust, but I have a rust free set to go with the cruiser that are media blasted and ready to paint. All the floors, frame and other problem areas are solid. Paint is older. Some of it has been repainted and some seems original. It does not appear that any body work was done, but rather just some fresh paint on warn areas. It looks good, but it does have its scratches, dents, and blemishes showing that its an older job. Everything is cosmetic and can easily be fixed. I just never wanted to have a show machine that I was afraid to drive. Mechanically the cruiser is awesome. 2F engine that runs excellent. Shifts and drives great. A previous owner had totally rebuilt it from top to bottom. At that time it was de-smogged. Yes, it does have factory power steering and factory A/C. Very hard to find options. It does have a basic 2" OME lift to accommodate the larger tires. Factory interior is all in great shape. Seats show minor wear with light cracking in a couple spots around the sides from age. Nothing major. Incredibly hard to find NOS front floor mat with original middle and back mat. No haggle price of $25,000. For an additional $2,000. I will include all the spare parts, soft tops and a very cool, old school Conferr roof rack. I don't need to sell so please no low ball offers.
I may consider an FJ40 with an automatic transmission conversion in trade due to a gimpy knee but would want to do it face to face. If you are local/ regional let me know what you have. Please message me with questions or pic requests.
Thanks, Gregg

100_5197.JPG

IMG_7119.jpg

P7040093 (1).JPG

IMG_7124.jpg

IMG_7111.jpg

Hey, that's my old truck!! A lot of great memories in that rig and it looks like it's been well taken care of. Good luck with your sell, whoever get it will be very happy with her.

Some pics of the dash, rear seat configuration and undercarriage would be welcomed. How bad are the original doors? Are the good doors included at $25K or part of the extra $2K? - Thanks

Here are pics of the existing doors. The new rear doors are included in the $25K. The dash is in good shape I'll try to get pics today. Pic#4 is the rust spot on the tub. And #5 is a dent in the left rear of the top.

P4300027.jpg

P4300026.jpg

P4300017.jpg

P7040095.JPG

P4300004.jpg

Here are some pics of underneath.

100_5194.JPG

P7040111.JPG

P7040108.JPG

IMG_7129.jpg

IMG_7118.jpg

Here are the Dash and rear seats.

Dash.jpg

RearSeats.jpg

Some of the imperfections.

rightRear.jpg

Left Cowl.jpg

DriversSeat.jpg

DriversPostRust.jpg

RightFrontFender.jpg

nice rig, hope you get the asking price, it'll make me feel good about mine with the same options

the air cleaner cover looks like an earlier version, 75-76 vintage, also trying to remember if mine has the big brake booster.

Some pics of the dash, rear seat configuration and undercarriage would be welcomed. How bad are the original doors? Are the good doors included at $25K or part of the extra $2K? - Thanks

As mentioned above the new doors are included in the sale price. Here are some pics.

ReplacementDoors1.jpg

ReplacementDoors2.jpg

NOSFloorMat.jpg

DSFloorPan.jpg

Some of the extras that I'd like to sell along with the 40.
Soft top's and doors with a bolt in tail gate.
NIB front door panels.

3SoftTopsTailgateSoftDoors.jpg

NIBFrontDoorPanels.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom