1980 20r vs 1983 22r wire harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BlueCruiser84

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 1980 20r pickup from Arizona. The harness is is bad shape - heat and POs did a number on it, though it the motor runs and most everything works. No smog equipment.

I just picked up an ‘83 with a beautiful harness.

T
My gauge cluster has a tach and gauges. The ‘83 just has idiot lights. The coil/alternator/voltage regulator appear to be different on the ‘83. ‘83 has an extra wire to the carb.

Otherwise, from what I can see, the harnesses appear to be the same.

Anyone swappped harnesses between the two? To be clear, I would swap the 1983 harness into the 1980 truck.

Have fun. I would also consider swapping over the 83 junk into the 80. As long as the oil pressure sender matches the gauge you are fine. That sender is not compatible with idiot lights. All I can say is you are treading on new ground. Follow-up after you play with it and let us know how it went. Also, let those in the future know as well.

Have fun. I would also consider swapping over the 83 junk into the 80. As long as the oil pressure sender matches the gauge you are fine. That sender is not compatible with idiot lights. All I can say is you are treading on new ground. Follow-up after you play with it and let us know how it went. Also, let those in the future know as well.

My only hang up is the 80 cluster has actual gauges. Looks like a cruiser. The ‘83 just has lights. Fingers crossed I can keep the ‘80 cluster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom