Parting Out 1978 Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glennmerkel

SILVER Star
Threads
IMG_2322.JPG
I'll be parting this one out fellas. I had hopes it might have some good stuff under the hood with the year of the truck but it doesn't. The guy didn't want to take anymore photos and I didn't want to ask if it had ac or power steering and suddenly the truck is worth $5K. It was a 2 hr drive so I wasn't leaving with out it. I worked a deal and got a trailer with it though. I think this truck is the worst rusted out Pig I've ever seen. Spray foam was used liberally around the vehicle to act as a backer for the bondo. Basically write off any body parts though. The doors are all there and have all the internals it would seem. The dash looks complete. Anyway, let me know what you're looking for and I'll check for it and it's condition.
IMG_2338.JPG

IMG_2337.JPG

@jeffinwashington The choke cable is toast and there is no radio
@Vernon You need just the marker light assemblies themselves? Both are there and the passenger side has a hairline crack.
@mel lowe The driver side vent has a crack in the bottom and the aft stud snapped. If you need one, pay for the ride and you can have it.

@Vernon I forgot to mention I do have the lower hinge on the driver door. There's just a touch of weld on it that needs to be ground off for someone probably trying to repair the usual crack in the door. It's a little rusty but all there.

@Vernon I forgot to mention I do have the lower hinge on the driver door. There's just a touch of weld on it that needs to be ground off for someone probably trying to repair the usual crack in the door. It's a little rusty but all there.
Yep just the marker light assemblies not the vent/trim pieces.
I will take the hinge and spring!
Let me know what you are asking and how to pay.
Thank you again!

IMG_2343.JPG
The steering wheel is in overall good condition. There are no cracks all the way through that I can see. There are some scratches/fine cuts in it. It would probably clean up pretty nice to a good driver quality. All the horn buttons seem springy still.

I need a drivers side wiper pivot...of course, it's buried at the VERY back of that dash cavity...I'm going to try to epoxy mine but holding my breath only turns my face blue, so I thought I'd put out the request for the inevitable replacement. LMK! Thank You!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom