1978 Brake help?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! Well I did it, I ended up getting a 55! Don't have any pictures yet, but was wondering if anyone could help me with something. It's a 1978 FJ55 made in March of that year. The brake master cylinder is going out and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source for them? Also, it currently has disc brakes on all four corners, is this stock for a 1978? The previous owner said this was not stock, but was unaware how the modification was done and what parts were used!
Thanks for any help you can offer!
Jacob

Definitely not stock on a 78. I believe it should have been discs on front and drums on the rear stock. Masters arent to cheap no matter where you get them from. A good bet might be to get one off someone who is parting. You can go up to a 60 or 62 series then if you want too.

I got a master for my 76 at the local Napa. Ran me about 90 bucks.

You can use one made for your model year, but would have to move a residual valve to make it usable. The best bet is to get like what is linked above from jtoutfitters, but from someone else. If you go to somewhere like NAPA, you can get one for a mid 90's FJ80. JTO sucks and they'll send you one with reversed ports.

Since it is modified, you probably are better off taking a picture or comparing it to pictures of others before you buy one. Sometimes GM boosters and such wind up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom