For Sale 1977 FJ40, second owner. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a nice Olive Green FJ40 for sale. I purchased the FJ from the original owner who was an officer in the Air Force purchased the FJ in Arizona. The original owner never used the FJ for off roading, nor have I. This is a good FJ that runs and drives like it should with 138,620 miles. This FJ is "stock" except for the CCOT 2 1/2 " shackles and shocks. Has smog equipment and was repainted by the original owner. FJ has Florida tag and clean FL title in my name. The FJ is located in Charleston, SC where i now live, I don't drive the FJ much and the FL tag is good until Aug, 2017 so i haven't bothered to transfer the title or tag. I'm asking $ 21,000 and will to accept offers. Winch is not included in sale, I think the FJ is worth more than $21,000 but thats subjective. Winch not included in sale, my brother wants it for his CJ7.

Mechanical - runs, drive good, no leaks of fluids at all.

12-7-2015 - rebuilt the carb but the idle will stick sometimes for a few seconds when you let off the gas.
2-8-16 - CCOT 2 1/2" shackles and shocks.
6-13-16 - Replaced the following by Toyota Cert. Mech. - clutch master cylinder, slave. Clutch assembly, rear main seal, u-joint, transfer case seal- rear output, oil pan gasket. fuel line and filter. Replaced side cover gasket. Not all the items needed replace but since the clutch was out i had the shop replace some seals/gaskets. Transmission and front and rear differential fluids changed.

6-20-16 - Replaced the following: water pump by-pass hose. thermostat, heater hose, radiator hose- upper , lower to radiator and lower to pump to pice hose.

5 BFG Mud Terr TA 31x10.50 R15 tires with about 300 miles

Body metal is in overall good condition. rear ambulance doors have some rust on the outside and the from doors have some rust in the usual spots. Floor pans and rear bed have zero rust. frame and underside of metal have no rust.

Interior is in good condition, no rips in the seats. the dash does have one crack.
View attachment 1443527 View attachment 1443527

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0340 2.jpg

IMG_0342 2.jpg

Nice looking cruiser!!
Pretty decent respray considering some rigs that we see on here have paint over everything on the truck.....GLWS!

Nice rig and very close production date to my '77 (December '76)...FYI, your FJ40 is set up as a high altitude vehicle.

GLWS!

Very nice!

See you at Doug's 50th and don't sell your 40 you will hate yourself in the morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom