For Sale 1977 FJ40 California CLEAN! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is this your truck?

HI, yes this is my vehicle.

I'm going to stop asking questions about it passing smog. :eek:

Nice looking rig. GLWS.

Caveat emptor.

00f0f_j2VeFGiJq65_600x450.jpg

It will not *legally* pass CA smog as pictured, and replacing those missing components will be time consuming and expensive, if one needs to.

Last edited:
If your mechanic put the Weber on, that implies you might still have the stock carb and smog equipment. That would be important to note.

Holley carburetor, not Weber ... not that it matters in terms of smog compliance, I guess. So what would it take to make it compliant? Aisin carb (stock, correct year), air cleaner assembly, smog pump and hoses, probably a couple VSVs and related spaghetti, stock exhaust manifold, and the labor to install and tune it all. Anything else? It looks like a clean rig worth the effort and expense, with a price adjustment to reflect that, of course. Just sayin'.

Did you purchase the truck from a guy in Torrance/South Bay ?

And I see it's registered thru July of 2019 -- I want to meet your smog guy ;)

I'm in da Valley.

Last edited:
Hi Spike, no from a guy here in Los Angeles about 13 years ago. I believe he was the 2nd owner, I was told it was previously used by the Park Service somewhere here in So. Cal.

It’s been on Craigslist for a very long time. I texted him last week but no response.

Mike

I have the original 'Forrest Service' wheels that came off that truck... They are slightly wider versions of the stock steelies the regular dealer models got. I got them from the guy who originally resold all those decommissioned FS vehicles. He said, at the time he sold the trucks, nobody liked or wanted the steel wheels !!

Go figger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom