For Sale 1976 FJ40 DFW (restored) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LCMarket/permalink/3066509000259929/
1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
Colombian restored import
POSTING FOR A FRIEND
PLEASE MESSAGE:
sebsal53@gmail.com
for more details

$41000
John Deere Green over tan leather interior
Restored in Colombia in 2017, then imported to the US.
~500 km driven since restoration, may go up slightly but not much
ORIGINAL engine, rebuilt in the restoration. Rest of the vehicle also restored with all OEM aside from a couple things.
Old Man Emu suspension with slight lift, Mickey Thompson wheels and tires (good tread, tires almost brand new with only a couple hundred miles)

Cold AC, heat works great

Car runs great, engine is noticeably very solid.

Suspension is in quality condition.

Interior is beautiful, and the paint job is only a couple hundred miles old.

Speedometer works and is accurate.

ZERO RUST

The necessary improvements-

Transfer case has a small leak that will need to be addressed at some point

The soft top has 2-3 straps that have snapped, should be a relatively simple fix.

Engine temp gauge, and fuel gauge are not working at the moment.

Handbrake is not working. Would be fixed in the transfer case repair.

Horns are not working from the steering wheel button, but do sound when power is connected directly to them. Should be a simple wiring fix

Overall this exemplary Cruiser drives fantastic, runs great, looks beautiful, and would be the perfect weekend toy for anybody interested.

PLEASE MESSAGE
sebsal53@gmail.com
IF INTERESTED
JF40 RL1.jpg

Last edited:
Bump, not sure why this post isn't getting much traction
Well it’s only been posted 36 hours.
But, for me, only 2 pics show up and then there’s a link to a private Facebook page so I can’t see any of that.
From the 2 pics, it does look nice, but the opinion of many might be: $41k is a lot of money for a South American restoration in a non-original color with a list of things that need repair.
I’m not trying to knock on it at all, I’d just put more images in this thread that aren’t broken links. Also, why doesn’t the owner fix the small issues before selling it?

From a California perspective - can't register it in this state - zero smog equipment, which I'm sure leaves out quite a few more states. And like is said above it's a Columbian import - they don't have the best reputation here on this board.

That doesn't mean this one wasn't done with meticulous care during the refurb, from the pics a lot of things look great.

I personally have witnessed a couple "naïve" 40 buyers bite on the restored SA 40's (not knowing it's a SA 40) just to get a FJ40. Then after a few months, come to the conclusion a 40 is not for them. And when they go to sell it, they discover they bought a bondo bucket with a non OEM color that's worth nowhere near what they originally paid.

Bump, not sure why this post isn't getting much traction
Some people foresaw Facebook exploitation of user data and decided wasn't a fair trade to use the service; posting there and providing link excludes that demographic. Pics native to Mud will get more activity.

I echo the earlier BaT comments. For your price point on a South American 40, will be your best bet.

I echo the earlier BaT comments. For your price point on a South American 40, will be your best bet.

Translation: "Lots a naive buyers on BaT. And there's no accounting for good taste."

But this truck does look pretty sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom