SOLD 1976 FJ40 $16000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

00I0I_cfR8tYtIiTe_600x450.jpg

Listed on craigslist here: Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
~100 photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SBxzC9QEM24wNPqj7

Close to stock FJ40 was restored about 12 years ago with a majestic metallic blue paint including the engine bay interior and replacement of the steel tub with a rust-proof aluminum!
It has the stock 2F engine and 4 speed on the floor.
Features and specifications:
- 2F in-line six
- 4 speed stock transmission
- 4 wheel drive stock transfer case (4 wheel drive works great!)
- Front disc brakes and brake lines redone
- Brand new Vintage Air Heat and Cold - SureFit Gen IV
- Towing Hitch and wiring
- Locking front hubs
- 2-3" Land Cruiser Advanced Handling Kit (shackle reversal)
- LED interior lights
- Bluetooth Radio with roll bar mount rear speakers
- All stock electronics work
- Rear jump seats included
- Ambulance-style doors
- Bikini soft top included
- Quik Hinges included (double set) allows for quick removal of doors
- Sturdy shocks and leaf springs
- 2 keys for driver's door and ignition / 2 keys for rear door
- No frame rust (only typical surface wear on undercarriage)
- Rebuilt rear drum brakes 1 year ago

Listed on craigslist here: Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
~100 photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SBxzC9QEM24wNPqj7

Last edited:
Matt are you going to pull the trigger on this one?!

And it looks like a nice cruiser if you want my .02 :)
No... it is a nice one, but I have my hands full with my fj40 project. If a nice FJ60 or FJ55 came alone in my backyard for a good price I might jump on it for my next project.

I PM him because I live about 10 mins from him and we are going to try and connect. I am always open to meeting fellow LC fans!!

I had it listed on Facebook for 15K, but after talking to an Land Cruiser mechanic he recommended there's no reason I should have it listed so low. He said anyone would be hard-pressed to find one in this good of condition for 18k.

I thought I saw this one in downtown ATL, last Friday near I20 & I75/85. I assumed someone bought it and was driving it home. It's funny how it jumped up $3K in just 1 conversation. I wonder if it could have dropped $3K in another? Fayetteville is so close I'm afraid to go look at it. GLWS

I thought I saw this one in downtown ATL, last Friday near I20 & I75/85. I assumed someone bought it and was driving it home. It's funny how it jumped up $3K in just 1 conversation. I wonder if it could have dropped $3K in another? Fayetteville is so close I'm afraid to go look at it. GLWS
LOL
Well, sometimes you don't know what you have until you talk to other folks about it. That wasn't mine at I-20... it is still for sale. I just showed it to two guys and one yesterday so I hope to have a sale buttoned up soon..

Last edited:
Opinions on aluminum tub vs steel and the longevity/quality?

Car appears to tilt backwards in the video, is this a suspension issue?

Opinions on aluminum tub vs steel and the longevity/quality?

Car appears to tilt backwards in the video, is this a suspension issue?
The aluminum tub is rust free and is essentially rust proof so I am a huge fan. I consider it to be an upgrade.

There is a rear body lift that wasn't maintained on the front clip so it appears that it is leaning. It could also benefit from an additional leaf in the back, but it certainly isn't necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom