Wanted 1975 or older 40 in or around California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
So it’s time to get back in the 40 world. I’m looking for a wheeler, street drivable 40 with a v8 but would consider a stock motor. My last one was more along the “purist” lines but wanting something I can run on trails as well as take the family to the beach in. I have a couple that I’m looking at now but wondering if there’s a mudder who has one to fit the bill. Body condition isn’t too much of an issue but don’t want a rust bucket or one that’s really beat up. I don't want to be too worried about trail scars. Willing to travel a bit for the right one. Price point is $20k or below.
Regards

Paul

Last edited:
Replied...thank you

Here are some, in the next week I'll get some updated images. Not terribly pretty but rust free and original

20130711_155053000_iOS.jpg

20130801_013533000_iOS.jpg

20130801_013546000_iOS.jpg

20130801_013603000_iOS.jpg

20130801_013625000_iOS.jpg

Bump...still lookin!

Last edited:
I saw that one. I wish I had the time and energy to take on a huge project. Life’s crazy as it is and I’m looking for something closer to done. Thanks though

:meh: If it passes, you don't really have to "deal" with smog much.

:meh: If it passes, you don't really have to "deal" with smog much.

Thanks Eddy...not quite what I’m looking for though.

I have a '74 with a 350 Chevy conversion < 100 miles w/ headers, roll cage, tow bar, gas can rack, 10 in. wheels. It's been parked for 20 years in Long Beach, CA and has always been in L.A. County. Original owner.

I have a '74 with a 350 Chevy conversion < 100 miles w/ headers, roll cage, tow bar, gas can rack, 10 in. wheels. It's been parked for 20 years in Long Beach, CA and has always been in L.A. County. Original owner.
PM sent

Bump...still looking. I’ve had some interesting opportunities but I’m looking for one that won’t take too much time away from the family in the garage. I’d rather be wheelin!

So California has no classic vehicle plate or something like that?

So California has no classic vehicle plate or something like that?
Kinda...it just has to be 1975 or older to not need smog. I know that there are 76 and newer 40’s that can pass smog but as the years go by it’s going to be harder to get parts and keep smog worthy. Just not something I’m interested in dealing with every two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom