eBay 1975 Mustard FJ40 in Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sold.

Here are the details from the listing:

This truck has been my reliable daily driver for 16 years. Over that time I have put a lot of work and TLC into her. In 2005, she was professionally restored. The top and doors are removable, the windshield can optionally fold down and she has a full cage installed. I have a clean Texas title and the truck is currently in Oregon.

Recent work
The engine has been professionally tuned, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor and coil in the last 5k miles. The brake pads and shoes, including the e-brake shoes were replace at that time, as were 2 leaking rear wheel cylinders. The engine oil and differential oil was changed just prior to posting, and all other fluids checked. New battery as of 2013.

Body and Frame
In 2005 the truck was professionally restored. This included cutting out any bad metal and welding in new metal, replacing the rear sill and other known trouble spots (no seams, bondo, or diamond plating here!) She was painted using factory mustard yellow and the interior was Rhino lined matching the body color. The hardtop is from a 1978 FJ40 to gain the rear wing windows, which are awesome for airflow on hot days. All hardtop, door, and hood rubber seals and bumpers were replaced and installed during the restoration. The window track felts were replaced with the rubber version from a 1983 FJ40 to bring the window seals up to modern specification. All of this was done using factory Toyota parts. After the restore, a Spector Off- Road carpet kit and heat barrier insulation was installed in the front and rear compartments. I used rubber mats on top of the carpet in the front, so the carpet is in near perfect condition. Spector UB40 fender flares were added.

Engine
The engine was fully rebuilt in 2006. There are 120000 miles on the truck and 13000 miles on the engine. The distributer is the coveted non-USA model with micro adjustment. The carburetor is a weber 32/36, which has also been professionally rebuilt and tuned.

Mechanical
The front axle was replaced with a post 1978 axle to gain disk brakes, and the knuckles were rebuilt. The steering components have been rebuilt, and the brake master, clutch master and slave cylinders and gas tank all replaced using factory Toyota parts. The truck has power steering using a Saginaw gearbox, eliminating the complexity in the stock steering relay components. The transfer case limiter has been removed, allowing 2 wheel drive LOW gear, which is excellent when you need more power, but don’t need 4x4. The alternator was replaced with a 105 Amp model with internal regulator to better power the winch.

Additional pieces
I have the rear heater and hoses. These are not installed, but included in the sale. I have a mustard yellow “blank” to close the rear if the top and ambulance doors are off. The truck has a locking Tuffy center console and locking glove box. It also has a rear 2” receiver hitch. There is an ARB air compressor under the hood and a lock-right locker in the rear. The front has an 8274 winch with 125’ of cable. The truck is on 31x10.50xR15 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires. Which gives her a hungrier look than the stock 29” tires. A JVC stereo CD Player with MP3 jack is installed in the Tuffy box and 4 speakers, including 2 under the dash and 2 weather resistant speakers for the rear. There is a CB installed as well.

Last edited:
One more day, closes Saturday around 6:30PM PDT

Lorax is a good guy, he used to live in Austin. He's had this truck for a long time, can't believe he's selling it. It's a good clean truck, I've ridden and worked on it with him. Bump for a good truck and better guy!

wow. exactly the type of rig i'm looking for but once again, timing isn't on my side. GLWS. Congrats to future owner whoever that may be.

I am watching on ebay and thanks for the additional restoration pictures. My wife's 82 fj40 had the full cage to front floor and it was interfering with pedals. I would like some pictures with doors open and lower front roll cage around pedals.
Thanks, Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom