1975 fj55 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmm...and I thought I read that you could not have OD and a PTO at the same time...dang....

The split case OD couldn't use the PTO. That's not the case with the earlier one piece case. The earlier three speed OD came with a PTO gear. Then just like Toyota the four speed OD came with a spacer instead. The advantage of the OD is the same PTO gear could be used in the four speed OD while without the OD you had to find a sixteen spline PTO gear to replace the three speed's ten spline PTO gear.:cheers:

The empyt boot is for a Fairy OD range selector. I have the same thing in Aronold. Nice pig BTW

I think I may have misunderstood you. Do you have an empty boot too. If so I could use your's too if you want to sell. I've got more overdrives than boots:crybaby:

I think I may have misunderstood you. Do you have an empty boot too. If so I could use your's too if you want to sell. I've got more overdrives than boots:crybaby:

Sorry but no I don't have a spare Fairy boot. The only boot I have belongs to tha Fairy O/D in the truck - Arnold in my sig line. :D

ok, Pep Boys says the alternator tests fine so I will re-install it and take a look at the wiring. there is osme extra wires in there, I will take out the extras and see what happens. I assume the next step is the voltage regulator?

T

creedence clearwater thread revival

Saw it brought up below in something that maybe only shows up on PC's - a black bar that says "Similar Threads" (don't remember ever noticing before). Why it would show a thread from 2005 is beyond me, but some of the posters are still active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom