1974 FJ40 - Thoughts on Ironman 4x4 spring kit (1 Viewer)

C6H12O6

SILVER Star
The Foam Cell Pro kit is new. Probably not that many installed out there yet. I love the FCP shocks on my 100. Probably would have gone this route if it was available when I was ready to lift my 40. Ended up going 4" Hell Creek springs and Bilsteins instead, but, man is it stiff. If you're not trying to go real high, I imagine you'll be very happy with the Ironman shocks. No clue about their leaf springs, but the ends look pretty beefy.

The Foam Cell Pro kit is new. Probably not that many installed out there yet. I love the FCP shocks on my 100. Probably would have gone this route if it was available when I was ready to lift my 40. Ended up going 4" Hell Creek springs and Bilsteins instead, but, man is it stiff. If you're not trying to go real high, I imagine you'll be very happy with the Ironman shocks. No clue about their leaf springs, but the ends look pretty beefy.
Thanks Steve. The truck will be semi daily driven, not hard core offroading, so high lift is not what I'm after, mainly the ride.

Ironman 4x4 USA

Ironman 4x4 America team member
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Steve. The truck will be semi daily driven, not hard core offroading, so high lift is not what I'm after, mainly the ride.
Send us a message if you have any questions on the suspension. We are new to the states in the last few years but making suspension in Australia since 1958. The Foam Cell Pro specifically was designed about 8 years ago and going strong. The ride quality is smoother due to the shocks being 100% oil filled and wrapped in foam which creates a smoother compression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom