For Sale 1973 FJ-40, 2F, Orion, 37" Red Labels GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973 FJ-40 originally from the west coast, it spent a lot of it life in northern California and I bought it from a Mud member in Oregon. The truck has a 2F from a later model 40 that I converted to propane about two years ago. The transmission is a crazy reverse shift pattern Toyota transmission with a really low first gear (a little over 6:1). Transmission mated to an Orion built by Georg at Valley Hybrids, final crawl ratio is approx 110:1. I have owned the truck for about four years and the reason I am selling is I just don't use it as much as I should and I hate to see it sit.

The truck has the following modifications:
Spring over - stock leafs flipped up front and FJ-55 springs in the rear. WB is right at 103".
Front axle - Longfield with cryo hub gear, mini-truck disc brakes and Marlin Crawler high steer w/ six shooter knuckles.
Rear axle - FJ-60 rear axle.
Differentials - Regeared to 4.56 with front and rear ARBs and ARB compressor under hood.
Shocks - Bilstein 5125 on all four corners
Custom drive shafts and IPOR skid plate
Tires - (5)BFG Red Labels 37x12.50x17, spare has never been on the ground.
Wheels - (4)Walker Evans bead locks and spare is 17" black steelie.

The tires have five rides on them and the bead locks have only been on the trail once. The paint job is rattle can, but the PO did a really good job with it. The truck was originally green. I tied the family cage into the frame at all six points as well as added the MetalTech nose guard. It has Corbeau seats up front with 5pt. harness. I still have the fuel tank, carburator (which was just rebuilt by Mark's Offroad), air cleaner assembly and mechanical fuel pump. The Warn 8274 was rebuilt/refinished by the PO right before he sold it to me. The truck comes with a complete soft top, two piece soft doors and a Spector family safari top.

I have wheeled this truck in Katemcy, Superlift, all over Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia and it does really well.

OFF THE MARKET. KEEPING IT. THANKS.

Last edited:
pictures

photo[1] (10).jpg

photo[1] (8).jpg

photo[1] (11).jpg

Glws Sid. Lots of time and money in this one for 10k.

[message received]

I like this truck!

Last edited:
Truck is located in Covington, GA. Rust is virtually nonexistent. I guess being from out west really saved it.

This picture is the only rust on the truck.

image-1609340742.jpg

Interior shots

If you want to talk over the phone, pm me your number and I'll give you a call.

image-2597986210.jpg

image-718500234.jpg

image-1549407633.jpg

I've seen this cruiser on the trails at K2 and Superlift, and it works awesome. I wish I had the money for it.

Bump, and GLWS!

Got the cure for that.. wheel it more!
; )

missed ya at GSMTR

GLWS

Got the cure for that.. wheel it more!
; )

missed ya at GSMTR

GLWS

You are probably right Lenny! Just need to make the time.

One of my favorite trail 40's

Thanks for the kind words Nolen. Coming from someone like you who has been around some bad ass trail rigs, that is a real compliment.

A guy out in Mississippi wants to buy it, but he has to sell his RZR first. You know anybody looking for a RZR?

I have a 71 that I may be willing to trade. Body is very good, runs great, 350 swap. Drives nice. Power steering.

Hard top, bikini top

TFJM

image-3390225040.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom