For Sale 1971 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

-Located in SW Florida, Zip is 34112
I can help out with drop off and even hold things for a few weeks if need be.

May 1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. $5,500 obo. I am willing to deal but no trades. We're still reducing our personal effects.

img9272hb.jpg

The Good:
-Good compression and a strong running F engine
-Six to one header with aftermarket exhaust (5 years old)
-Non-USA, no emission Aisan carb from SOR
-DUI/HEI ignition
-35x12.5 Kumho Venture MT's on 15 inch aluminum wheels (5 total)
-Skyjacker 4" lift (5 years old)
-Front disc conversion (brakes)
-3 speed transmission on the floor
-Tranny shifts fine and transfer case shifts as it should
-I added a roll bar that I bought from Specter but I had to relocate the rear bench seats toward the inside about an inch. The '71 has the long bench seats
-The interior was reupholstered about four years ago with a pirate theme. The only problem is the guy who did it also did me a "favor" and embroidered a skull and cross bones into the center seat AND each seat has a title: Captain, First Mate, and in the back "swabs" for the kids. Not a biggie but kind of _____. New springs, foam and leather
-Old Man Emu and Belton Shackles w/ bushings in stock height, never been installed.
-There's a JVC stereo in the glove box, but the speakers were toast, so I tossed them. The unit could probably be replaced when new speaks are added.
-New metal (5 yrs) on the rear quarters, done by a local guy using the old ones as a mold. End result is new metal, but kind of off on the dimensions with a smaller rear wheel opening.
-I have the original rear tire carrier in great shape, but do not have the mounting brackets.
-Poly tank from CCOT holds about 16 gallons of fuel.
-Engine had a top end build about five years ago
-Extra radiator shroud
-Crow double harness seat belts
-Existing seat belts are OEM and about 7 years old
-New fuel pump
-Newer radiator (3 years)
-Additional OEM Aisan carbs (2)
-Red 48" Hi Lift Jack
-PIAA lights & wiring kit

The Bad:
-Speedo cable not working (surprise), so obviously the mileage is incorrect, It sat for a number of years before I bought it. I got it roadworthy and drove it for seven years or so. Unfortunately it has mostly been parked for the past two years because I've been gone a lot.
-I kind of just threw the top on it so you can see it's all there. I have most of the parts for a rebuild except the rivet ring and the rear cross bar (upper) support.
-Bushings on the shackles are worn out
-Clutch weeps fluid
-Drips of oil on the drain bolt, but never enough to make a mess or add to it before a scheduled change.
-The center arm needs to be rebuilt which I have the replacement, just never installed it.
-Between these things, there is play in the steering wheel which means you have to stay on top of it. The shackles and arm would probably eliminate 90% of the wandering.

The Ugly:
-Rust, Lower portion of the bib, passenger side fender. Bib can be fixed, but fender should be replaced
-Paint job is about a twenty footer, looks decent from there, but closer examination shows it's flaws.
-The paint on the sides of the top is rattle can. I removed the rust and just wanted to get something on it while off the truck. Definitely needs to be redone.
-Lower rear of the lift gate is rusted through, replacement metal will be needed (I'll post pics of it later)
-Top: The metal that goes under the fiberglass top is toast, you'll need those too when rebuilding it. The sides are about 95% good. On the inner lip there is some rust, but nothing really bad.
-Needs wipers
-Carb could probably be tuned but I might be able to get it done in the next day or so. Runs fine as it is

Thanks,

Doug

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't edit the thread title to include the location.

I just wanted to add "SW Florida" to it.

Mod help?

Bueller...

Bueller...

Thanks.

Quick update, my mom is having heart surgery (impromtu) in a few hours. We've been a little busy, so the listing will have to wait to be updated.

*Krawler, I got your email and will get back to you with pics as soon as I can.

*Steve, sorry but we're packing it in so even though I like motorboating :) we can't go for the flats boat. I am back in our old house now in Lakewood off of Davis. I'll get back to you in a little bit as well.

Thanks guys, and I'm sorry for the delay in updating.

Doug

Hope the surgery goes well!

send me pics to my email as well please...thanks, hope the surgery went well!!

Update: Sold for the buy it now price, awaiting payment.

IF any hiccups, I'll re list it. Buyer had zero feedback so we'll see how this works out.

Thanks,

Doug

In my best "Gomer Pyle voice, "Surprise, surprise, surprise!"

s*** bird didn't respond to anything (emails or phone calls). So I guess I can open a case tomorrow and close it four days from now. Once that's done, the truck will be re-listed.

First time this has happened to me. I'm kind of pissed to say the least, but I guess it's to be expected on fleabay.

I'm in Naples, about 30 mins south of Ft Myers.

For those that might be interested in the Ebay listing once it's up, the reserve will be set at $5,500 and I'll likely end the auction early for a decent non-Ebay offer.

Bumpity. Re-listed on the bay. Bumping my junk next to Jeremy's might not help the cause, but here it goes...

I'm open to offers as well. I lowered the reserve to $4,500.

Ebay listing

Questions or requests for more pics, send email to:

1971fj40 at gmail dot com

The email addy for the truck will also be included for free if you'd like. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, I couldn't think of a nicer way to put it.

Kind of figuring out this imageshack stuff, so here's a few more images.

smallpicsforemail6.jpg

smallpicsforemail2.jpg

smallpicsforemail4.jpg

smallpicsforemail7.jpg

smallpicsforemail16.jpg

smallpicsforemail15.jpg

smallpicsforemail8.jpg

TTT...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom