For Sale 1971 FJ40 For Sale - Atlanta (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hate to let go of this awesome Landcruiser but we are building a new house and could use the extra cash. There are a couple pics here but the craigslist ad has a lot more. I can take more detailed pics if needed.
$27,950 but can do a little better for ih8mud folks.

1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - Freeborn Red Classic

I picked this up from Cooters Cruisers in Lynchburg TN about 2 years ago. He had stripped it down and done a fairly decent restoration process although it is not a full restoration. He basically stripped it down and put a 5ft paint job on it(looks good from 5 feet away) has paint chips, crackling paint in some spots. Paint is a 4/10 but the red and white do pop and look awesome when driving down the road. I believe the car to be a 6 out of 10 with 10 being perfect mint condition. I have put over $10,000 into it in the past 2 years.

After I bought it I did a lot of work myself and a lot has been done by ACC Toyota. We put original parts back on the ride when we could not find used parts or the parts were discontinued. I would say it is 80% original, but keeps true to a classic land cruiser, I even had a used glass fuse box put in when the car was completely rewired by ACC. The big change is that it is now a 4 speed on the floor. I don't know the exact mileage. I bought it had 79,000 but the speedometer seemed a bit finicky. When we rewired the car a new cable and speedometer was put in so it started back at zero then. Runs great on the highway and she will do 65 MPH no problem. In the pictures you will see that it has a full roll bar. This is not installed but will fit. It came out of a 71, it just needs to be sandblasted, it is included in the sale. Also included are a few other parts, new hub cap cover, original rear heater system, new rim for spare, some paint and such

The car is not not perfect, if you are looking for a perfectly restored FJ this is not for you, however it would be a great car to fully restore or to just enjoy as it is in very good condition. The car runs great now that alot the issues have been resolved. There are still a few things left to do if you want to totally finish touching every part of the car.

It is very clean , shows well and always turns heads. Have title in hand.

Here are a list of things that have been done.

All Work Below done by ACC Toyota
New (Used & resurfaced) Manifold
New Manifold Gaskets
New Radiator
New valve cover gasket set
New Alternator Pulley
Powder Coated Valve cover
New Brake Master Cylinder (74)
New Brake Booster Assy (89 pickup)
New Brake Drums Rear/Front (77)
Rewired the Entire Car with patched wire harness as they are discontinued.
New Turn signal assemblies
New light markers Front left and right
New battery terminals
New Temp Gauge
New Ignition cylinder switch
New brake light switch
New Fuse panel -glass fuses
New cigarette lighter
New Trollhole Carb installed
New Oil feed and return lines installed
New oil pump outlet
New oil line inlet
New Brake drums (2)
New Brake Cylinders (4)
New brake shoes
New tie rods right and left
New rear tail lights
New rear brake lights
New seats - reupholstered
Installed used jack painted
Installed used jack rods - painted
New hub caps
New tire rim for 5th tire purchased - not installed

Still Needing to be done:
Needs new shocks and struts
Engine needs to be rebuilt -doesn't have too but...smokes a bit on startup, runs through some oil(although with the new oil lines that has substantially been lowered) and has some small leaks around the valve cover. Not getting full horsepower out of her until it is rebuilt. ACC can advise you on this if you have more questions.
Needs 5 new tires, they are older but haven't been driven on alot
Brake Drums on the front need replacing
Needs weather stripping on all windows and new felt and such around door jams
Passenger door window crank is broken needs replacing
Fuel tank needs to be dropped and cleaned

Thanks for looking!

1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - Freeborn Red Classic

View attachment 1457656

View attachment 1457659

View attachment 1457660

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Still Needing to be done:
Needs new shocks and struts
Engine needs to be rebuilt -doesn't have too but...smokes a bit on startup, runs through some oil(although with the new oil lines that has substantially been lowered) and has some small leaks around the valve cover. Not getting full horsepower out of her until it is rebuilt. ACC can advise you on this if you have more questions.
Needs 5 new tires, they are older but haven't been driven on alot
Brake Drums on the front need replacing
Needs weather stripping on all windows and new felt and such around door jams
Passenger door window crank is broken needs replacing
Fuel tank needs to be dropped and cleaned

Round about, what do you think all this would cost, if say, ACC completed the work?

I'm sorry but this is not going to sell anywhere near $27K. If the work was all completed and the paint was in very good shape you would probably looking around $20-$22K for a 71 at best.

Round about, what do you think all this would cost, if say, ACC completed the work?
Another 8,000 to 10k if they did it. Engine doesn't have to be done runs good, just putting all the info out there.

I'm sorry but this is not going to sell anywhere near $27K. If the work was all completed and the paint was in very good shape you would probably looking around $20-$22K for a 71 at best.
Thanks, for your opinions billincamo

awesome '71 !
seems a lot of time/money invested
and well worth it...

This post mentioned Cooter's Cruisers
Cooter's Garage, Lynchburg TN

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom