1967 FJ40 preservation thread (#bigcityfj40) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went with the slightly darker red, but still red. Belts arrive tomorrow. Will post pics. Red is the true color, thought it would look off with the Patina.
There is a bracket that holds the throttle, and hand throttle cables. The actual cable is attached to the linkage on carb by a barrel swivel. You can see it in photo I just took.
View attachment 2696533

Dark red was what I was thinking looked best. Is the carb you bought set up for cable? I thought the ones City Racer sold were for the more modern linkage system.

Dark red was what I was thinking looked best. Is the carb you bought set up for cable? I thought the ones City Racer sold were for the more modern linkage system.
I adapted it for cable.

Can you post another pic or two of how you did that? Thx
I can take a few more later this evening.
BAE89406-B951-416B-A8D8-4399E948A86C.jpeg

Seatbelt install today

CF6EFB5A-79FF-4D06-A8E7-ACEDFD32E1FD.jpeg
581F1C98-EA89-4D84-9DFD-3725BB9D5ED6.jpeg
860C309A-9544-42FD-902E-2935C48D6892.jpeg

Been a while, a few updated pics. Did front wheel cylinders and pads all the way around. Need to get the rear cylinders done now.

tempImage0IQVLk.png

tempImageXtCs1V.png

tempImage8zgUT2.png

tempImageCsfHO9.png

Do you have the stock 9mm lines? If so, do you mind sharing the part numbers you used for the wheel cylinders?

Edit: I mean the lines with the 9mm unions as apposed to the 10mm

Do you have the stock 9mm lines? If so, do you mind sharing the part numbers you used for the wheel cylinders?

Edit: I mean the lines with the 9mm unions as apposed to the 10mm

ordered the early ones they Spector. Was only place that had in stock. Also used new copper washers and bolts from CCOT.

CF938952-5777-469C-B3BE-46D33133C7A1.jpeg

D930A3A1-33BA-4DCA-8A06-E21503A4E87B.jpeg

I could probably do the lines. Some kinks but after a good bleeding the fluid wasn’t bad at all. Looked real clean. These old trucks have mismatched cylinders usually. Only one wheel had all correct. So trying to adjust was a pain. All Toyota cylinders though.

she stops straight now. Want a little less pedal play so will tighten a click or two on each wheel. Love this truck.

MDH33 share some pics when done.

Looking good! Going through the brakes on my 69 right now too. Needs wheel cylinders all around.
MDH33 best thing to do. I found most axles to be mismatched cylinders.

No luck sourcing all the wheel cylinders for my '69. NLA and out of stock everywhere I shop parts. Had to get some rebuild kits for a couple of them. Will post up results after reassembly!

@houstonfj40 How has this beauty been progressing. Love the look of this truck, what a gem.

#bigcityfj40 for sale

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom