1966 FJ45LV restoration/buildup project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello there
I was browsing your thread today and I remember that Marv at
spector (WWW.SOR.COM) off road just restored one and I am sure
he as tons of parts.I will try to find the pics of that resto and post
it for you

Happy 4x4:)

can someone point me or tell me about the paint lines on the LV's? i thought that i had seen somewhere (did a search but could not find it) that said the two tone paint scheme does not go past the door faces? but my doors are painted two tone to the inside face of the doors as well as the jams are the same? my paint lines are pretty clear and they are definately original so i just wanted to be sure. thanks

i need some assistance with regards to the firewall swap. i am swapping a firewall from a 40 into the 45 lv so everything will bolt up nice with the 78 stuff etc. the question is, the 45 has a beefy bracket that is welded to the dash close to the top near the defrost vents and bolts to the u shaped bracket that is part of the lv's steering cloumn support. the 40 does not have this. should i cut out the bracket or figure a way to beef up the 40 to match the 45's orginal bracket? i will be using a steering column from a 40 as well as the brake/clutch pedal assem. and accel. pedal assem. thanks

If I had to guess, the older 40s probably have them as well. I think it was extra support for the column shift. Would the bracket interfere with the firewall swap?

pic stolen from buckroseau's thread...
Mvc-hh011s.jpg

If I had to guess, the older 40s probably have them as well. I think it was extra support for the column shift. Would the bracket interfere with the firewall swap?

pic stolen from buckroseau's thread...

the bracket you show in the pic is not the problem, it bolts on, the problem is the bracket that this one bolts to is welded to the firewall and the top of the dash. the lower welded area needs to go b/c the new brake pedal setup replaces it. i am going from memory of looking at it yesterday. i think the reason it is there was for support of the 45's clutch and brake assembly. i will need to study it in more detail. what i was hoping was that one of the guys who has done a 40 firewall swap might have some input, anyone? thanks

we are getting a little further with disassembly

once we get the body off the frame, we will bring the 55 into the shop and pull the motor and trasmission. then we can begin the engine detail process while the body and frame are at the media blaster's. After we pull the motor from the 55, we will then push it back out to it's final resting spot where we will pull the axel's from it. Then we can send the frame and axels to the blasters together. It is frustrainting at times when progress is slow, but business comes first. Hopefully, winter season will allow for more time to devote to the fun projects vs. fixing stuff that the guys break day to day.
IMG_5041.jpg
IMG_5042.jpg
IMG_5043.jpg

dash switches

i need to learn what all these do and figure out which ones will stay and which ones will go. looking at other posts, it seems that everyone does thing a little different. i want the truck to look fairly stock, but not be too antiquated to enjoy driving. the transfer lever will go and i am thinking that the igintion key switch will have to be moved to the steering column bc i am using a latter column which has the switch located on it. if i could figure a way to get an old look using the new column i would like to keep the key in the dash as stock, but with the newer column having the plastic housing, i have not come up with a good solution yet. i have no idea what half of these knobs do, but i am sure if i took the time to read the manual the info is in there, but that would be too easy. RTF (read the f#$%#$king manual), not for me. :grinpimp:
IMG_5051.jpg

Mike, can you have those made????....the chrome handle. It would be nice if could do your magic and get something going.

the handle is chrome and you probably have a plate covering the Toyopet logo. Toyota re-used parts off of other models sometimes.

further clafication needed on tailgat handle

Mike, can you have those made????....the chrome handle. It would be nice if could do your magic and get something going.

is the lift handle the only part that is chorme? i have a pic from Spector that shows the part to be a totally diff. color that the truck? what was it from the factory?
SOR7 resized.jpg

The NOS one I have is blue but it came off a Toyopet Crown Custom. None of my literature shows the rear gate closed. The one pic I have that does show it is black and white and in direct sunlight so you can't tell. These trucks are stock and it appears the latch assembly is grey. The blue one is a 64 and the green one is a 67. I'll have to scratch a few of mine and see if they are grey uinderneath. Yes the big sticker is stock for a 64. The bumper on that 64 is not stock though. Looks like it came off a Scout2.
rear.JPG
rear2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom