For Sale 1965 FJ45 Orlando FL. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
1965 FJ45

My friend first acquired this 1965 FJ45 in Idaho. He stripped it down to the frame, sand blasted all the body parts and had them painted white. It came with Chevy 327, and the original 3 speed transmission and transfer case. He dressed up the engine with paint and reinstalled it.

He later decided that a new wife and a house were his top priority so offered me the opportunity to purchase the unfinished project. I jumped at it.

Prior to this acquisition I had owned a FJ55, 60 and 62. I had put a 350 Chevy in the 1984 FJ60 and liked the power so I decided to keep the 327 until it failed. It hasn’t failed yet. I have replaced the water pump, oil pump, timing gear chain, flywheel, starter, electronic ignition, alternator and carburetor. The headers are ceramic coated and the exhaust system is stainless steel with Flowmaster mufflers. New aluminum radiator. The engine runs strong and sounds great.

I decided I wanted a better ride than a stock 1965 FJ45 would provided. The truck now has 2” OME lift. The front axle was replaced with a axle from a 76FJ40 to get disc breaks up front. The rear axle was replaced with an FJ60 full floating axle with limited slip differential. The transmission is a brand new H55 with reconditioned split case transfer case. The rear brakes were converted to disc brakes.

A Saginaw power steering conversation has been installed. The ride is much better and easy to steer. A Framing River tilt steering column completed the steering upgrades.

All tie rod ends have been replaced. New bearing and seals in the front knuckles. New bearings and seals in the rear axle.

A new painless wiring harness has been installed with new VDO gauges, single wire alternator, electronic ignition, lights, and battery.
I was not a fan of the white color. I had the paint removed and the truck premiered. I am retired but help out in a garage that rebuilds and restores mostly 67 thru 69 mustangs. Their body work and paint is showroom quality. I had the shop prepare the body and then paint it. The truck has a beautiful pearl green paint with very straight lines. The undercarriage, the bed and the lower tub have been rhino lined. There is no rust on the truck. A new head liner has been installed.
The truck has 4Plus bumpers front and rear.

The canopy is custom made from South Africa with canvas type material. It has windows on on all four side which open. The canopy opens in the rear and on the passenger side.
New Toyo Open Country 285/75R16 upfront, tires on the back are low mileage and there is a spare.

Selling her because she belongs in a small town in the mountains or desert not in Orlando. I have two other projects and not enough time.
I can be reached at 208 867 0124, call or text. Email me at jljcav@gmail.com

26EDCB51-DBF1-4342-981C-BF3753FE91E5.jpeg

20C382A7-7D95-4729-8F57-7F601B61232D.jpeg

C80BBE90-4419-40E5-BD47-E3997424C1A8.jpeg

BBDC777B-E30F-48F5-9F57-CA6D9BBC7A56.jpeg

FA0A0889-3EEA-4F53-85CB-09BC7ED72171.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom