1964 Fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

your welcome treerootco/Wes......Glad you could make something of it, I would love to see more pics....

AWESOME.........was the ladty way off base when she mentioned a new /old engine overhaul..??

thx,
R.

Hey thanks Razor.. I'd love it if you let me know if you come across another old 64-66 I could make work. Treeroot has too many now... :)

She was a little out there... I asked some casual questions like when the last time she drove it (looking at the last time the plates were good) and she said everything just kinda blured together and she couldn't tell us. LOL She did say when they bought that place the barn was used to grow alternative substances... Cool old lady though and very nice :)

I'm waiting for tree to fire it up and give us the comp numbers... :beer:

need to buy some spark plugs...the ones in it are 1/2 too long. I'll post up the numbers tomorrow.

I did find out something strange today. The harmonic balancer nut won't fit my hand crank. It almost looks like you are supposed to use the jack handle to crank start the '64. I looked at the handle and it would work if there was a pin through the end of it.

WOW, I didn't have much time to look at the pics earlier.......that is awesome !!

You deserve that truck....:).......are you sure you didn't use a shovel instead of the shop vac, the inside had an unbelievalbe smell to it....good work.

Hey Wes, I have 3 other simular that I am debating on.......the area where Treeroot piced up that rig is crawling with em.....must of been a chain reaction in the 60's...I will keep you posted, I feel like I owe you one after looking at that red piece of shister in berthoud....owe you something ya right !!

Spark up a fatty and buy a land cruiser....:-;...that lady was a few sandwiches short of a picnic, she was trying to pawn off this old moldy hay for 4 bucks a bail...she called it Barn Stored....ha ha !!, I like old yellers like that though, I can shoot the s*** and hang out with elderly all day, they interest me.

later.

Mike, I think ya need this
57563029.jpg

57563023.jpg

treerootCO said:
need to buy some spark plugs...the ones in it are 1/2 too long. I'll post up the numbers tomorrow.

I did find out something strange today. The harmonic balancer nut won't fit my hand crank. It almost looks like you are supposed to use the jack handle to crank start the '64. I looked at the handle and it would work if there was a pin through the end of it.

Does that dealer still exist?

Jim Harr that owns Harr Motors, a Toyota dealer in Aberdeen SD since 1963 IIRC, is really into his Land Cruisers...I am pretty sure he still has the hand-write slips for all the sales for the trucks he sold in the 60's...seems to me he said something about that a few years back..when he purchased a truck that he had once sold...after who knows how many owners...

Pretty neat Mike!

:beer:

wesintl said:
I'll buy you a 6 pack to polish my hub caps like that.. :D
that is absolutely disgusting....

can i come watch :D

hey I want my white walls back :D
18396008.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom