15yo 99' LX470 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm late to your show but, welcome to the club!

Where in Alabama did you find this rig? I remember seeing one like yours posted near me about the time you bought it. Would be super cool if it's the same rig! Enjoying your thread!
Owen's dad here....we picked it up in Huntsville Alabama.

We have another question. The large plastic pan that goes underneath this thing is in very rough shape (missing a big corner of it and generally beaten up). Is that something most people discard when doing light off-roading? If not, where would we find a replacement.

Owen's dad here....we picked it up in Huntsville Alabama.

We have another question. The large plastic pan that goes underneath this thing is in very rough shape (missing a big corner of it and generally beaten up). Is that something most people discard when doing light off-roading? If not, where would we find a replacement.
I remember seeing it in the cotton gen parking lot (if it's the same one)... small world...

Mine is in some trail hole in the back of the farm.. Partsgeek.com has replacements for cheap

I remember seeing it in the cotton gen parking lot (if it's the same one)... small world...

Mine is in some trail hole in the back of the farm.. Partsgeek.com has replacements for cheap
(Dad here) We found the vehicle on cars.com. We actually flew to Huntsville and it was dark when we got there. The seller picked us up at the airport. We drove to a Shell gas station. A quick walk around the vehicle, signed some paperwork, paid the guy and we we on the road. Since Huntsville is so far north we could not have been in the state for a total of 2 hours! Not sure if it was the smartest transaction but it worked out for us. The vehicle is actually in very good shape.

(Dad here) We found the vehicle on cars.com. We actually flew to Huntsville and it was dark when we got there. The seller picked us up at the airport. We drove to a Shell gas station. A quick walk around the vehicle, signed some paperwork, paid the guy and we we on the road. Since Huntsville is so far north we could not have been in the state for a total of 2 hours! Not sure if it was the smartest transaction but it worked out for us. The vehicle is actually in very good shape.

That's a fun story and what a great first car. I'm jelly since my first ride was an '01 Saturn SL2 ha! It's always a smart idea to buy a land cruiser 👍:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom