14th Annual Southern Cruiser Crawl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

“HoneyBear, ****. I forgot the meme and I’m laid up drunk in St Louis

“No problem. It won’t be funny though.”

“s*** son, no one will notice but Grogan and he’s the Internet a****** so who cares”

“HoneyBear, f***. I forgot the meme and I’m laid up drunk in St Louis

“No problem. It won’t be funny though.”

“s*** son, no one will notice but Grogan and he’s the Internet a****** so who cares”

Except....

B8337F8F-A11E-4643-9D40-D6FD80766894.png

41416242_1792275797488393_2267184193265991680_n.jpg

Ok guys, need some help first time going to any event like this...
Anyone have some suggestions on what to bring or pack. I will not be wheeeling hard just mild trails 1 and 2. I like to keep my pavement princess in 1 piece. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chuck

Anyone have some suggestions on what to bring or pack. I will not be wheeeling hard just mild trails 1 and 2. I like to keep my pavement princess in 1 piece. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chuck

Lots of beer. There’s a Walmart not too far away if you need anything else or run out of beer.

Thanks
Chuck

Chuck that’s awesome!
You picked fine event and folks to enjoy your first event with.

Are you camping or staying at hotel?

As far as park goes, normal vehicle items.
Tool kit- elaborate as you want or minimal.
Tow strap, very important!
Couple of shackles just in case.
Small first aid kit.
I like a tarp, in case you need it or just to have in vehicle.
Air gauge, when you wheel, let some air out.... then fill up either leaving park or daily for driving.
Oh yea, strap stuff down inside.... that tool box or cooler, yea if something goes wrong that stuff can come at ya....

I’m a back pack fellow, have couple snacks, extra water, and stuff in case something goes wrong you can hike back to camp or have while wheeling if you venture to watch the harder trails.

Cooler with lots water or beverage of your choice for trails.

Last but not least, trash bag, folks still drop stuff so helps everyone if you police up your trash and others should you see it on trails.

Biggest thing is have fun and don’t go off alone, find others and go wheel.

See ya there!

....and then I helped this young soldier who was stuck in his 2015 Silverado 4x4. Now my motor is knocking in my FJ40.

2C0FF67C-E898-48B6-AA49-139612FA1BC9.jpeg

Thanks @Clutchee that is exactly the help ideas I needed. I will be trailering my pig behind his cousin the tundra. I got some things but will definitely pick up some other items.shackles/tow strap. Back pack is great idea. I would love to be able to watch some other wheels I am a beginner at this.

30 days or less to come up with something.

Thanks @Clutchee that is exactly the help ideas I needed. I will be trailering my pig behind his cousin the tundra. I got some things but will definitely pick up some other items.shackles/tow strap. Back pack is great idea. I would love to be able to watch some other wheels I am a beginner at this.

....and then I helped this young soldier who was stuck in his 2015 Silverado 4x4. Now my motor is knocking in my FJ40.

View attachment 1787364

Daniel I have similar stuff happen, helped FJ cruiser on squids juant, winched him off bad spot, forgot to unlock my front and blew the front drive shaft.....

Ain’t his fault, and I’d do it again....

End of day we all have those moments, heck, I broke pinion on slammer, Sam pulling me back to camp and cut around tree with strap and pulled us over.....

Laughing I said, at least I didn’t flop on my own....

Biggest thing is enjoy and learn to feel comfortable with what your doing, saying that.....
stuff like, when spotting, say turn drivers and passenger...... look in mirror and say turn left and right..... it will make sense.

These things along with much more will come and trust me..... as others read that they grin.... go drive the park and watch and have fun.

Oh yea, bring leather gloves! Those have become something that stay in my buggy. From helping folks with rocks or pulling winch line they have saved me time after time....

@71greenpig with the exception of riding with @Land Speeder we dont usually hit anything hard. We may be in the GX, and if we are, we will be taking it easy seeing the sites mostly. There are lots of medium trails to ride, and several of them get close enough to the hard stuff to catch a show if you plan it right.

Hot springs is 10-15 minutes up the road, hell we ate lunch with Eric at a Chinese buffet our first year. Bring what you think you'll need, but know there is some civilization not far off, in case you forget your toothbrush. Look forward to seeing you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom