13 years and counting...Project FJ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oldenorthstatecruisers.com
Well, its been some time but back in the 40 scene. Actually George is, I found him his first FJ40. 1969 owned by a previous Father/Son duo looking to semi-restore. They owned the truck for the last 14 years and never found the time to take it to the next level. I was one day going to find a truck that George and I could work on at our leisure and build together and now I am able to pass that tradition on. The PO was great to work with and spent countless hours on simple tasks to ensure the truck was still in good shape.

For 48 years old or so its pretty impressive the shape its in. Has the typical rust in the usual places but not defined as a rust bucket by any means. First time in a while that after a few small tweaks to the wire everything works. All lights, fans, and wipers. Original F engine with a few mods to make it more driver friendly. Best part of the deal for me was that it came with an original Belleview Winch. Warn Industries - The History of the WARN Belleview Winch

Plans-to enjoy it this summer and then begin a tear down and rebuild so that one day George has the option to make it his own. For now I am trying to find some OEM wheels, a front bumper, and will work on disk conversation all around. Pretty excited about the project.

Few pictures to show its current state.

IMG_4107.JPG

IMG_4110.JPG

IMG_4113.JPG

IMG_4120.JPG

IMG_4155.JPG

Super nice! Congrats!

Don't forget to add a hood spear to your shopping list, one of my favorite little styling ques of the older 40's.

George is a lucky kid, and he looks right at home in the drivers seat!

Truck came with a box of parts and luckily original hood spear was in there. Needs a quick shine and she will be on there in next few days.

Also have the cap and bezel being painted white in next few days.

Dude, nice score!!! Are you planning on doing a frame-off on it?

Is that George in the pictures? Jesus he's big now.

Such a great score for Ole Greg.... or George rather. Congrats again man. Looking forward to following along.

Very cool! It almost matches your boat. Your signature indicates the FJ40 belongs to your wife which I am sure is true. ;<)

What do you think the original color was on that FJ?

Your signature indicates the FJ40 belongs to your wife which I am sure is true. ;<)

What do you think the original color was on that FJ?

I'm researching the OEM color. Wife's is the LX470!

drivers door jam or firewall in front of passenger. Or look in the glove box and see what color is in there. Looks great. WHite cap and bezel will make a big difference.

Can't wait to see it in person Greg!

Nice score. Now, do you actually plan to own a specific Cruiser for multiple years? ;)

Damn Greg, that one looks amazing - and what an awesome project it will be for the 2 of you!

I owned my 2000 for 10 years. The longest I have ever owned a vehicle of any type. I could see a 40 staying in a family from generation to generation, especially Capri (Carolina) Blue. That is what my 13 year old daughter wants to drive daily.

Not as clean as pictures might depict but my ole' days of scraping together a nice deal haven't been lost. And with the additional parts the gnomes will be busy yet again.

You need a pic of all 4 cruisers together. You have a full house. How is the 200 and the lift?

I owned my 2000 for 10 years. The longest I have ever owned a vehicle of any type. I could see a 40 staying in a family from generation to generation, especially Capri (Carolina) Blue. That is what my 13 year old daughter wants to drive daily.

Looks closer to Duke blue to me. Maybe that's why Shelley didn't bat an eye at the new acquisition :rofl:

Looks closer to Duke blue to me. Maybe that's why Shelley didn't bat an eye at the new acquisition :rofl:

Actually I am not sure what color it is currently but for this summer it will be what it is, when repainted it will go back Capri Blue. I prefer to call it something other than Duke Blue but if that swayed the deal then I'm okay with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom