12v key on Q (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
Threads
had an issue today with my 12v power for my fuel pump

I was running it thru the aux lead on the back of my 74's fuse block... however I had a connection problem because of the wire that runs from the fuse block to pump

Coincidentally also on the same circuit my back up light are staying on all the time ... this I believe is because of the switch sticking ... it was quite cold

I temporarily went with using the 12v power into the ballest resistor since it was right there...

This temporary ok?

I was trying to think of another 12v key on power there and I was drawing a blank (10 minutes before Super Bowl and about 15* outside ... wanted to get her done lol)

Are you running the fuel pump without a relay ?
You could kill your ignition switch by drawing to much
Power through it

If you don't run a radio: The ACC position on the key switch is hardly used, and can handle the same amount of power as the IG connection. It's on when the key is on. Just don't park with the key in the ACC position!

Yes that amp load shouldn't be a problem
But the ratings on that pump seem a little small for a cruiser Its only rated for 80 hp and a 2f is somewhere around 135 hp I believe

weber uses a low pressure... runs well considering it's been running this setup for 29 years :)

Good news it's back to the setup I had before ... new wire and connections

Runs great

Thanks all

I am keeping the small jump wire handy in tool box for a future 'temp use'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom