100 vs 80 - Mission Accomplished! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nice thread tech_dog i really like it.

That second post, i wish i was there with you!

I wish you were there too, especially if you have a winch.

Nice post, very cool info, especially about LexusLink coverage.

Now was that road on your nav as a regular road or a rural (yellow, visible only at > 1000 scale) road? I've been unable to figure out how to get the nav to include rural roads in auto-calc.

Nice post, very cool info, especially about LexusLink coverage.

Now was that road on your nav as a regular road or a rural (yellow, visible only at > 1000 scale) road? I've been unable to figure out how to get the nav to include rural roads in auto-calc.

Rural.

I had to zoom way in to see it. I used the "select preferred road" feature in order to put it on the route. It obeyed, but routed me back out pretty quick. I had to choose a couple of roads to make it use this route. I also got a warning that "there are areas with incomplete data. Turn by turn guidance will not be available."

I wish it had given me a more explicit warning, i.e. "pavement and then eventually road will not be available." but I don't think it could tell that the road changed. The disk probably had some incorrect data.

I'm pretty sure I was on some old mining roads. I found a State of Nevada web page that showed maintained roads for the county, and it showed the road ending right where I left the pavement.

Last edited:
A little OT, but with post #2, it is easy to see why thing s happen to people like the Kim's who got stuck for ~9 days in the coast range in Oregon, and the father died trying to get help.
Glad the trip turned out well for you, the 100 is a great rig!

Ok, that's about what I found too. I had to keep adding them as preferred roads until I just said **** **** and eyeballed it.

Very cool tech dog. I use to live in SW Utah and I've driven some roads that look like that, but without running into though sand dunes :) But I know what your talking about. I use to live 10 miles from the pink corral sand dunes, same power stuff, feels like sugar. Your luck you got through it.

A little OT, but with post #2, it is easy to see why thing s happen to people like the Kim's who got stuck for ~9 days in the coast range in Oregon, and the father died trying to get help.
Glad the trip turned out well for you, the 100 is a great rig!

Yeah... I was thinking the same thing at the time. If the Kim's had one of our vehicles, Mr. Kim would likely still be alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom