100 series picked a fight with a tree (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, first post here (I’ve been looking through threads for yrs slowly building up the rig)

As the title states, 2000 LC picked a fight with a tree and lost, so I could use a little help on diagnosing which parts I’ll need for repair, if any members might have some of those parts, and lastly any shops that I can trust.

From LA area but have been living in Chico (NorCal) for a few months which is where she’s been parked. I’ve called junk yards all around from Chico, Sac, LA even down in San Diego and so far no luck. I found someone online but they’re in Washington so them or having parts shipped online would be plan B. I did manage to find a shop in SoCal called TJ’s Auto however I’m not sure she’s in good enough shape for the 8+ hr drive down there (the air intake fitting is broken and misaligned)

Don’t know all the proper part names but so far I know that I need:

-windshield (can get that done anywhere)
-passenger fender
-plastic inner fender guard
-turn signal light
-passenger headlight
-metal trim piece (goes under grill and headlights)
-plastic airbox (tabs broke from crash)
-metal radiator mount/panel (passenger side got bent unless that can be bent back?)
-metal piece that goes on the side of engine bay (behind passenger fender, what parts bolt onto inside engine bay)
-hood (not sure if worth replacing or maybe having body shop fix/bondo dent and repaint?)
-bumper (was thinking of maybe installing a dissent bumper so I’m not as worried about it)

I appreciate any leads on parts, shops or overall input on how to go about fixing her up.

Thanks in advance, wish it were under different circumstances I was making my first post 🤷🏻‍♂️
EF8EF0C3-4682-44AD-9943-66B5124C6AF1.jpeg
A8F6DAED-A5E7-4539-8072-0CC85A228E9A.jpeg
D6127D34-7451-4A8C-87DF-6F6C27CA9079.jpeg
74D621BD-5BC7-46FE-A75C-E09564BB5607.jpeg
716146BE-543D-4E36-9EBB-078FDA9F8511.jpeg

Whew. I've been there.
IMG_7927.jpeg

Fortunatley many of the body parts are avalaible aftermarket.The radiator support and inner fender/apron are not avalaible to my knowledge. the radiator support for later years is avalaible, and I can't think of why it wouldn't fit but they claim different part numbers. Those are your two big ticket items, costing at least 500$ each.

-windshield (can get that done anywhere)
-passenger fender Aftermarket available
-plastic inner fender guard Aftermarket available
-turn signal light Aftermarket available
-passenger headlight Aftermarket available
-metal trim piece (goes under grill and headlights) Front end filler panel 5390360040 Aftermarket available
-plastic airbox (tabs broke from crash)
-metal radiator mount/panel (passenger side got bent unless that can be bent back?) Radiator support 5320160140
-metal piece that goes on the side of engine bay (behind passenger fender, what parts bolt onto inside engine bay) Passenger inner fender/Fender apron 53710-60210
-hood (not sure if worth replacing or maybe having body shop fix/bondo dent and repaint?) Definitely replace, Aftermarket available
-bumper (was thinking of maybe installing a dissent bumper so I’m not as worried about it)

Last month, my 2004 was rear ended in SoCal, so I feel your pain. I learned that it's hard to find parts for these vintage rigs. I also learned that scrapyards might not know exactly what they have, so if you find a yard (there are some in the Sacramento area with 100 series, I think) that has a rig, go visit to see the part and then eagle-eye the rig to see if it has other parts that you want/need. I found a rear crossmember that way (I was there to pick up upper and lower rear gates). I also scored some interior dingerdangers that didn't come with my rig when I bought it.

Aftermarket is the way to go. Also, two things I appreciate more, now, are (1) having a digital copy of the Factory Service Manual, and (2) using partsouq.com to get the part numbers for items I need to replace.

Good luck with your repairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom