100 Series Lockbox Thread (1 Viewer)

Would you like a secure lockbox for the 100 series?

• Yes

Votes: 113 91.9%
  • Why?

Votes: 10 8.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the interest everyone. I need to find the time to run a second prototype with all of the changes from my first attempt. I've just ordered up the hinges in anticipation of producing more LockBoxes and producing this one.

I'm just going to drop this here:
Simplex 9600 Mechanical Lock - Kaba Access & Data Systems

If you build one with that lock, I'll buy it. otherwise I think I might start making my own.

Looks like its still the standard "DoubleD" keyhole as used by all others. Its a non-issue so long as its height doesn't get it the way of opening fully, which I *think* it might.

Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 11.05.31 AM.png

it is 7 holes and not the 3/4 double D. We use then on numerous products at work so I am quite familiar with their installation.

Just a suggestion for those instances where people want a combo over a key lock.

Has anyone contacted console vault? Is the project being discussed here in the same vein? I have one for my t4r, I want one for my 100.

I just installed the wit's end LockBox in my 80 series and like it so much I will also get one for the 100 series if it is ever produced.

Any new developments here?

Not yet. I had so many issues with getting these made that I'm started to get a sick feeling in my stomach whenever I hear the word "lockbock". My latest batch of even 80 stuff is in limbo. I've been trying to get what they have so far JUST so I can finish then with another shop. Nightmare.

@NLXTACY I feel your pain - such as when my 1,760 nuts for the last batch of KISS drawers arrived... individually bagged. No room in the box to ship them like that, we had to cut them all open...

Lucky for us most of the folks here on MUD are amazing and understand the tough time we go through trying to make these products, overcoming each new problem, supply chain change, or shipping mishap.

I appreciate your efforts and am content to wait - keep fighting the good fight for the sake of all our cruisers who deserve only the best;)

and Thank You

@NLXTACY I feel your pain - such as when my 1,760 nuts for the last batch of KISS drawers arrived... individually bagged. No room in the box to ship them like that, we had to cut them all open...

Lucky for us most of the folks here on MUD are amazing and understand the tough time we go through trying to make these products, overcoming each new problem, supply chain change, or shipping mishap.

I appreciate your efforts and am content to wait - keep fighting the good fight for the sake of all our cruisers who deserve only the best;)

and Thank You

Thanks Dave!

I didn't have time to read through all 14 pages of this thread but did you ever get track down a 100 series center console? I have a spare I could possibly loan out for a bit when you're ready to jump back on the project if you were still in need.

I didn't have time to read through all 14 pages of this thread but did you ever get track down a 100 series center console? I have a spare I could possibly loan out for a bit when you're ready to jump back on the project if you were still in need.

Thanks. That might help things.

I happen to have an entire spare parts truck sitting around. If I can loan a part or two out to help the mud community I all for it. Let me know when you're ready to jump back on the 100 series lock boxes and I'll get it pulled and sent your way. A lock box would be a nice accessory when you get them production ready. I would be interested.

I happen to have an entire spare parts truck sitting around. If I can loan a part or two out to help the mud community I all for it. Let me know when you're ready to jump back on the 100 series lock boxes and I'll get it pulled and sent your way. A lock box would be a nice accessory when you get them production ready. I would be interested.

I'll keep you in mind. Right now I'm trying to pin down a metal shop that's worth a crap. :(

Ha! I know what you mean about tracking down a reliable vendor. Good luck in your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom