100 Series Fender Flares (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wjj

Threads
Hi Guys,
I am about to paint my hundy and I have had to use spacers for my 18" Fuel wheels with 35" tires (they said it didnt need spacers, but the 18" Fuel wheels actually did. ack!). Since I dont want to ruin the new paint with road debris, I have decided I need fender flares. The wheels protrude about 0.75" to 1.00" from the fenders now. I have searched and searched for threads about 100 Series fender flares to no avail. I am looking forward to someone who will make the post that I should look at [fill in the blank] thread to find fender flares. Thank you for the help!

Last edited:
Most southern 100s came with port installed flares. Many people remove them. You may be able to find someone looking to get rid of them.

Most southern 100s came with port installed flares. Many people remove them. You may be able to find someone looking to get rid of them.

Those are actually fender "garnishes" and serve ZERO purpose. They don't add any tire coverage. There are a handful of real flares out there for the 100... Google's likely going to be the answer here.

Reactions: jLB
The OEM "flares" on 100s are a bad idea. They do not look good nor do they fit well IMO. they tend to gap over time.

Note, I am not against flares, I love and wear them proudly on my 80 as they fit the body and wear much better.

Those "garnishes" do extend out some beyond the fender and actually do serve a purpose.
Yes. Okay, the stick-on garnishes do add a tiny bit of tire coverage. But, that's not their purpose. Their purpose was to make the 100 look fancy - note that they were not paint matched.

Flares provide additional tire coverage. There are a bunch out there for the 100... most seem to be outside the US.
282-86-056R_i-big.jpg
LC100-Flares-38-D.jpg
Elford-Landcruiser-100-Flares-60mm.jpg
t05_w3406_1_resize-jpg.601387
StevesLandcruiser47.jpg

Yes. Okay, the stick-on garnishes do add a tiny bit of tire coverage. But, that's not their purpose. Their purpose was to make the 100 look fancy - note that they were not paint matched.

Flares provide additional tire coverage. There are a bunch out there for the 100... most seem to be outside the US.

Are these the OEM flares? They look good with the OEM bumpers. However, I am concerned that the OEM flares do not fit/look good when paired up with after-market bumpers. Do you have any thoughts?

None of the 100s in those pics are OEM.

These (100 on right) are what's referred to as OEM "flares", a.k.a. garnishes. And actually, there's no such thing as OEM flares for the 100. They were taped on at the port - mainly S.E. Toyota.
IMG_1782-1.jpg

I don't think they look good with OEM or aftermarket bumpers... They are NOT like the flares on the 80. If I were put flares on my 100, I'd hunt down whoever made these:
StevesLandcruiser47.jpg

I think ^those^ look great. Not sure what's going on at the front edge of the front flare, but everything else looks really nice.

I don't think they look good with OEM or aftermarket bumpers... They are NOT like the flares on the 80. If I were put flares on my 100, I'd hunt down whoever made these:
StevesLandcruiser47.jpg

I think ^those^ look great. Not sure what's going on at the front edge of the front flare, but everything else looks really nice.

Thank you for the pics. Any idea where this pic came from? THen I'm off hunting down the manufacturer...

@wjj - I think you're going have to spend some with Google and Google Image. That green LC is a 200 with flares from Fjallasport.is ::. I'd look at Arctic Truck, Bushwacker... just see where Google takes you. Oh, and report back.

I like the way mine look - granted i gotta get more meat on my wheels. - Debating whether getting tundra wheels, or just meat on this stock wheels.

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 2.42.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 2.43.20 AM.png

282-86-056R_i-big.jpg
LC100-Flares-38-D.jpg
Elford-Landcruiser-100-Flares-60mm.jpg
t05_w3406_1_resize-jpg.601387
StevesLandcruiser47.jpg
The ones on the green one in the muddy water at the bottom are kind of sick! Anyone know who makes those?

The ones on the green one in the muddy water at the bottom are kind of sick! Anyone know who makes those?

They do look good, but that is a 200.

Edit: they may be from Fjallasport also from the threads I searched.

Last edited:
Hi, Odesoto. Those flares look awesome. Where did you get these? Just bought my 1999 land cruiser. And I'm looking for the fender flares for it.

Those are port installed flare. I have some for sale off my 99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom