100 Series 16" OEM Steel Rims GB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's $325 per wheel, right? plus freight?

Little update. After some back and forth emails. $800 to your door for a set of 4. Price probably will change. That is the price I was quoted back in 2008 when they were available in the US, and the same price I was quoted this weekend. I'll have to get a confirmed price, but so far the price keeps dropping. I figure 5 sets on the pallet. I'll have to re ship to participants from Atlanta. I'll do some number crunching and figure out the price with +/-$200.

So for ease of reading (on my cell). Roughly $250 per rim to your door, or $1,000 for a set. Price may change. Too early in the process to tell for an exact price. These are the 16X8 version.

Do you happen to have the part number of the wheel?

We are checking on the part #. Updated first post with accurate pricing and organized it a little better. I'd like to have this done by June.

I'm guessing it's type C.

Capture4.PNG

If Type C, then I suspect these are going to show up at your doorstep... just like the the one's on Henry's trailer in post #14. And not the ones you wanted in post #1.

wheel-jpg.498601

How about the 200 series 17x8 steelies. 42611-60630

01-land-cruiser-gx-628.jpg

Last edited:
wheel-jpg.498601

These are everywhere over here as most people upgrade to alloys or aftermarket..they are really good rims..I actually got 2 the other week for my boat trailer on standard dunlops for free!!!BUt second hand they go for around the $50 mark..The thing about them is that they don't fit any other car but the 100 basically so no one uses them much.. I have been thinking for a while there would be some worth in collecting a containers worth and shipping them over but the logistics are beyond my capabilities I think they would be very popular though. I love them for the price and replaceability and bushability of them..also one of the best looking steelies going. 16x8 60+ offset I am running 33" KM2's on mine

I would love a set of type A, but 6in is a bit narrow. IIRC, there is a Swamper that is 34x10.50/16... it wouldn't be the best on-road handling combo though.

Type A's are the bomb, and 255/85/16's would fit perfectly. Yooper runs that combo in a BFG M/T on his 70-series diesel pickup.

Type A's are the bomb, and 255/85/16's would fit perfectly. Yooper runs that combo in a BFG M/T on his 70-series diesel pickup.

More tires in a 255/100R16 (36.5" :grinpimp:) would fit those wheels pretty good too. But all we can get are XZL clones.

mat_0613-jpg.813346

Yup. I ran the 7.50 16s on mine for a long time; changing lanes and higher speed turns created a bit of sidewall roll; i'm sure the 255/85 would too on something as heavy as my 100. if they were 16x7, it'd be more better.

Were your 7.50-16's bias ply?

Were your 7.50-16's bias ply?

yes, which added to the sidewall roll; but honestly, I think a 238/85R16 would also experience it. I ran 33x9.50R15 on an FJ40 on the factory wheels and they did it...

the bias made tracking a little strange on certain road surfaces that was different than the delay of the sidewall roll.

Are you planning to only offer them in sets of 4? (Thinking a set of 5 would be cool - one for the spare on the Slee rear bumper.)

Do they come with the center caps?

Do they come with lug nuts?

Any updates?

I know this posting is old, but whatever happened to getting these wheels? Any updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom