10% underdrive High range installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I don't see how this will do anything on the trail. You changed the high gears right, so now you have lower rpm on the highway?

So I don't see how this will do anything on the trail. You changed the high gears right, so now you have lower rpm on the highway?

The 10% also affects the low range. Being Underdrive gears, his RPMS across the board are higher at any given speed, Cruiser Outfitters says it like going from 4.10s to 4.56s. Or in Kevin's case his 4.88s feel like 5.29s.

The 10% also affects the low range. Being Underdrive gears, his RPMS across the board are higher at any given speed, Cruiser Outfitters says it like going from 4.10s to 4.56s. Or in Kevin's case his 4.88s feel like 5.29s.
Yes, exactly. It feels great. I have the strength of the 4.88 and the gearing of 5.29.

Got ya I have been running 5.29s for 5 years no problem with strength, I don't understand though how high range gears in the case help the low though

The low range gearset is spun by the high range gearset.

Ok got ya so this would be equivalent to running 5.29s with the 3.1 low t case gears, no better no worse?

Yup!

IMG_3573.JPG

I've got a new chart with 4.10/4.56/4.88/5.29 axle gears and 31/33/35/37 tires too. I ❤️ gearing. :D

I was told the high range underdrive doesn’t affect the low range kit I have. Hmmm. This is great news!

I was told the high range underdrive doesn’t affect the low range kit I have. Hmmm. This is great news!

It simply has to. See math above :D

They explained it to me as 2 shafts running independently. Evidently not.

So where would you purchase this and how much?

So just to clarify with the installation of this gear, you could technically have 35's without the need to regear to 4:88's? And this underdrive gear works with the 3:1 gears? But could these 3:1 gears be from any company, like trail gear?

So just to clarify with the installation of this gear, you could technically have 35's without the need to regear to 4:88's? And this underdrive gear works with the 3:1 gears? But could these 3:1 gears be from any company, like trail gear?

You're not going to get 4.88 like performance with just a 10% high range reduction, more like 4.56. Workable for many with 35's, not for others.

Yes, the high range t-case gears are interchangeable with any brand low range gear.

Its a great idea and Im leaning hard towards the black box because its there when you need it and all remains the same when you dont. a third shifter isnt ideal but Ive seen them and it works like a monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom