10.4" TESLA-STYLE VERTICAL SCREEN ANDROID NAVIGATION RADIO FOR TOYOTA LAND CRUISER PRADO 2003 - 2009 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can only speak for my unit. It was truly "plug and play". When it arrived, about 3 weeks after I ordered it. The unit had everything with it.
I know people have had issues in the past, it would seem it has been resolved. I am glad we did the conversion.

B
Good deal I'm going to pull the trigger I think! Thanks for all your help

They seem to have no idea there is one. I asked again, They responded that the background screen is already updated??

Sounds like they still don't understand. Try telling them you don't have the boot logo setting on your unit and to show them what you're trying to do, use this link:

hello j12 mean
since I'm on Google looking for people who have installed a Tesla display in your J12, I've come across you.
I bought one at alibabaexpress which should be for my J12 I have a 2007 executive so with cd changer and climate and navi with touchscreen
the seller said that everything was fit but I get neither sound nor cd nor climate
can one of you help me that I can install my car is taken apart for 14 days on the road
and the seller blocked and insulted me

das ist das gerät

2019-01-08 10.34.19.jpg

How is the general app performance on those units? Do they handle well running Spotify + Google Maps for example?
The PX3 CPU is a really old one, performance similar to the Galaxy S3 (4xCortex A9@1.6GHz + Mali400GPU) from 2012.

Also, is there working Android Auto or better, Apple CarPlay functionality? Then at least it could offload to a phone...

How is the general app performance on those units? Do they handle well running Spotify + Google Maps for example?
The PX3 CPU is a really old one, performance similar to the Galaxy S3 (4xCortex A9@1.6GHz + Mali400GPU) from 2012.

Also, is there working Android Auto or better, Apple CarPlay functionality? Then at least it could offload to a phone...

I usually use Yahoo! Navi/Google Maps + Bluetooth audio. When using a navigation app and the built in USB audio app the navigation app would occasionally crash. It's definitely not a beast when it comes to performance but as you suggest, offloading some of the processing workload to your phone will help. I can't speak for Apple CarPlay but I will check into Android Auto.

I usually run WAZE for nav and I use Spotify or Google play for music/podcast at the same time and have zero complaints. Sometimes it takes a couple minutes after startup for Google play to sync my podcast to where I left off before but other than that I have zero complaints and have had no problems with apps crashing. If you connect your android phone through usb it just mirrors your phone on the screen which I didnt really care for...but overall its pretty great I wouldnt suggest running 4 or 5 apps at the same time but nav and music is certainly no problem.

I usually run WAZE for nav and I use Spotify or Google play for music/podcast at the same time and have zero complaints. Sometimes it takes a couple minutes after startup for Google play to sync my podcast to where I left off before but other than that I have zero complaints and have had no problems with apps crashing. If you connect your android phone through usb it just mirrors your phone on the screen which I didnt really care for...but overall its pretty great I wouldnt suggest running 4 or 5 apps at the same time but nav and music is certainly no problem.

If it is as easy as our install, you will be happy with the results.
I basically did the same thing and just took a chance on it.
I'm looking at pulling the trigger on one of these as well. Question.
What did you do with the stock navi, CD changer, and rear entertainment units ?
I'm assuming the new unit doesn't have compatibility with the rear entertainment center. Thanks

I'm looking at pulling the trigger on one of these as well. Question.
What did you do with the stock navi, CD changer, and rear entertainment units ?
I'm assuming the new unit doesn't have compatibility with the rear entertainment center. Thanks

Well, This replaces the Nav display. I removed the CD changer and added a Ham Radio in the CD location. Our Rear unit only has AC. We have a stand alone iPad for the back on the seat headrest. We actually changed out the Tesla unit to a 9" Android.
The reason we changed it was the integrated AC system. We have a place in Tucson, AZ and drive this from our place in CA. I was worried about the AC controllers going through the desert. I have added some photos.

Nice! So you did the nav to non-nav swap? I'm accumulating the parts for that right now... Did you find it difficult?

Well, This replaces the Nav display. I removed the CD changer and added a Ham Radio in the CD location. Our Rear unit only has AC. We have a stand alone iPad for the back on the seat headrest. We actually changed out the Tesla unit to a 9" Android.
The reason we changed it was the integrated AC system. We have a place in Tucson, AZ and drive this from our place in CA. I was worried about the AC controllers going through the desert. I have added some photos.View attachment 1970403View attachment 1970404

We're you having issues with the button / touch screen on the Tesla style system?

I should have clarified when I said navi, I was curious as to what happens to the brain of the Navi under the passenger seat.
Thanks again.

Hi Guys, We didn't have an issue at all with the Tesla units AC controllers. We were just worried IF it went bad we would not be happy. Our GX is for AZ primary. We just didn't want an issue in the AZ heat. The Nav to Non Nav was fairly straight forward. Yes, round up the parts, Make sure the AC controller is the correct year. Sleepy, We removed the Nav from under the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom