10.4" TESLA-STYLE VERTICAL SCREEN ANDROID NAVIGATION RADIO FOR TOYOTA LAND CRUISER PRADO 2003 - 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doesn't the regular PX6 everyne has also has the s*** on the sides but they dont work, why would we assume this one works for AC controls?

I actually am not familiar with all the problems these units have. is the issue mostly that the hardware buttons don't actually control the AC?

I actually am not familiar with all the problems these units have. is the issue mostly that the hardware buttons don't actually control the AC?

for me its the opposite. with a few exceptions, the hardware buttons on the side work... essentially, i use auto mode and change the temp up and down instead of anything on the screen. i can toggle AC on the screen but not much else that matters. I think the biggest concern for the larger unit (or the 10" for that matter) is still the fact that its an old android OS. ive been waffling between a non nav conversion and just getting the PX9 10" and crossing my fingers. cheers!

Last edited:
Doesn't the regular PX6 everyne has also has the s*** on the sides but they dont work, why would we assume this one works for AC controls?

My buttons on the side of my PX6 work just fine FYI.

Sample size of one, but I've never had an issue with the buttons. They control the A/C perfectly fine.
My buttons on the side of my PX6 work just fine FYI.

My buttons worked fine too. These complaints seem like user error 90% of the time. The other 10 is seller didn’t send correct harness. From what I’ve figured out, the physical buttons have nothing to do with the android OS and are purely tied into the canbus modules that relay the button inputs to the OEM AC computer.

Oh s*** I stand corrected!! Glad to hear these buttons work for most users. Do the buttons work from users who ordered direct from China? I personally dont see the point of paying Pheonix or others a 75% increase as a middleman

Oh s*** I stand corrected!! Glad to hear these buttons work for most users. Do the buttons work from users who ordered direct from China? I personally dont see the point of paying Pheonix or others a 75% increase as a middleman

Yes. I ordered mine from aliexpress.com.

The seller in China told me the buttons only work for certain versions. That may have changed but mine have never worked. (not that I need them, the screen is fine)

The seller in China told me the buttons only work for certain versions. That may have changed but mine have never worked. (not that I need them, the screen is fine)

i feel like the Chinese customer support for so many auto products is unreliable. did they specify which models it works on? I mean this thing was made for this car, it may fit other cars, but that bezel and even the buttons are made to replace the buttons that exist on this car.

I had installed a generic android head unit in my other car. it was not functioning very well until I updated the firmware. now it works very well. that unit was not made for my car, I had to do all my own research and then ask the customer service in China to send me a specific wiring harness because they kept sending me the wrong harness after their battery of questions regarding make and model of my car.

Well my wife wants another (preferably the 470 factory radio) radio so I may have to sell this Phoenix PX6 tesla radio. She wants “a basic radio” and not this android tablet screen so I may find someone who has a factory 470 nav ML radio + $$ locally to trade out.

Man I said radio a lot!! Hah, I’m brain dead today

I plan to order mine from china soon, can anyone who has one of these and understands what I need. I want to make sure I get the correct harnesses and possibly versions of the android etc. I have an 05 GX470 with NAV and ML

so i have been a huuuuge doubter of these tesla screens, but i stumbled across some recent videos of this unit in action. one from last december, and another from the same user in march with the customer firmware from the facebook guy.

holy cow - that custom firmware looks great! the guy in the video said no issues with ac (both the buttons and the touch screen). he mentions it in the comments. the demo of apple carplay looks superb. really, it looks like the only "downsides" are the boot up time and the odd functionality of the steering wheel buttons. the boot time is not an issue to me. i typically spend a minute or two finding a playlist or getting google maps going. i use the steering wheel buttons a good bit, but losing them isnt a big deal. the functionality looks phenomenal from that demo.

so i have been a huuuuge doubter of these tesla screens, but i stumbled across some recent videos of this unit in action. one from last december, and another from the same user in march with the customer firmware from the facebook guy.

holy cow - that custom firmware looks great! the guy in the video said no issues with ac (both the buttons and the touch screen). he mentions it in the comments. the demo of apple carplay looks superb. really, it looks like the only "downsides" are the boot up time and the odd functionality of the steering wheel buttons. the boot time is not an issue to me. i typically spend a minute or two finding a playlist or getting google maps going. i use the steering wheel buttons a good bit, but losing them isnt a big deal. the functionality looks phenomenal from that demo.

isn't there a way to correct the steering wheel function?

Last edited:
Still hoping someone can help me make sure I can requesting all that I need from the Chinese manufactures. Is it just one harness that depends on the year/model and thats it? Anything that might make the AC controls not work as there is a small % of people who dont get theirs to work etc

isn't there a way to correct the steering wheel function?

I think there is a custom setting for it in the menus. I added a Toyota Alphard steering wheel with controls to my Prado but I still need to connect the control harness to the unit. Was hoping to get them to work as using the screen for navigation while listening to music means you need to exit navigation to mess with the music track.

Either way. bout time I update to this custom firmware.

I think there is a custom setting for it in the menus. I added a Toyota Alphard steering wheel with controls to my Prado but I still need to connect the control harness to the unit. Was hoping to get them to work as using the screen for navigation while listening to music means you need to exit navigation to mess with the music track.

Either way. bout time I update to this custom firmware.

for the head unit I installed in my other car, there's a menu where you hit the button, it detects the signal and you get to name the function. essentially custom programming each button. I thought that was standard in all of these because that head unit is a universal double din.

I keep hearing of all these issues with this head unit and I'm wondering if it's just that people who are buying these aren't going in with the expectation of tinkering until it works.

even some of the classic brand head units that come with car play: pioneer, sony, kenwood, etc. need updated firmware out of the box.

for the head unit I installed in my other car, there's a menu where you hit the button, it detects the signal and you get to name the function. essentially custom programming each button. I thought that was standard in all of these because that head unit is a universal double din.

I keep hearing of all these issues with this head unit and I'm wondering if it's just that people who are buying these aren't going in with the expectation of tinkering until it works.

even some of the classic brand head units that come with car play: pioneer, sony, kenwood, etc. need updated firmware out of the box.

Exactly what I was referring to.

I agree with your opinion, too many are expecting plug and play when there is more expected of the installer than that.

I finally got around to installing Sergey's firmware to my unit.

・Sergey is awesome with helping you get the install right and setting it up. I've done similar stuff on phones in the past but he was still super helpful and made it easy.

・The new firmware makes the unit seem faster, smoother, more stable. He added many small tweaks and options that improve the user experience.

・The themes look soo much better than the original theme. I have an animated "falling leaves" wallpaper behind "theme 11" and it just looks awesome.

When I get some time, I'll edit the GX icons to match my actual vehicle (or what it will look like) for a really smart looking interface.

PXL_20210120_150215698.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom