10.4" TESLA-STYLE VERTICAL SCREEN ANDROID NAVIGATION RADIO FOR TOYOTA LAND CRUISER PRADO 2003 - 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally got around to installing Sergey's firmware to my unit.

・Sergey is awesome with helping you get the install right and setting it up. I've done similar stuff on phones in the past but he was still super helpful and made it easy.

・The new firmware makes the unit seem faster, smoother, more stable. He added many small tweaks and options that improve the user experience.

・The themes look soo much better than the original theme. I have an animated "falling leaves" wallpaper behind "theme 11" and it just looks awesome.

When I get some time, I'll edit the GX icons to match my actual vehicle (or what it will look like) for a really smart looking interface.

View attachment 2560976
Cool! But where did you get the clock/compass cluster above.??

Do i need to get Android 9 for Sergey updates? Also how do I contact Sergey? I saw that posted somewhere online but not sure if accurate, I wanted to get the 13.6" posted above but seems untested so I'll just get the 10.4" - Only reason I wanted the 13.6" is knobs, anybody know of a clean cut around 10" that has knobs for volume? ITs the AC volume thats annoying to do by touch screen

Do i need to get Android 9 for Sergey updates? Also how do I contact Sergey? I saw that posted somewhere online but not sure if accurate, I wanted to get the 13.6" posted above but seems untested so I'll just get the 10.4" - Only reason I wanted the 13.6" is knobs, anybody know of a clean cut around 10" that has knobs for volume? ITs the AC volume thats annoying to do by touch screen
I have a 13.6" here, just waiting for them to send me the correct harness. they sent one that doesn't line up with the GX OEM harness. Been waiting for a replacement for almost two weeks now unfortunately.

I have 1 10.4" PX3 currently installed. Just waiting on the harness to install the 13.6 and then I can upgrade to Sergey firmware. You contact him through facebook messaging. He has his own page I think it is Tesla Style. Firmware and HeadUnits. And Android 9 is required, he doesn't have anything for Android 10. I use the steering wheel volume to control radio volume.......so much esasier than trying to use the screen slider. Wish they had a physical button/knob for fan speed though.

I have a 13.6" here, just waiting for them to send me the correct harness. they sent one that doesn't line up with the GX OEM harness. Been waiting for a replacement for almost two weeks now unfortunately.

I have 1 10.4" PX3 currently installed. Just waiting on the harness to install the 13.6 and then I can upgrade to Sergey firmware. You contact him through facebook messaging. He has his own page I think it is Tesla Style. Firmware and HeadUnits. And Android 9 is required, he doesn't have anything for Android 10. I use the steering wheel volume to control radio volume.......so much esasier than trying to use the screen slider. Wish they had a physical button/knob for fan speed though.

have you tried programming the wheel buttons to do can speed?

Didn't realize there was an option to do that. I'll have to look into that.

Sergey's firmware has a way to long-press some steering wheel buttons to control the climate control.

I have a used 10" PX6 with Sergey's firmware pre-installed and a custom physical volume knob for sale if anyone is interested.

What's the cost for Sergey's firmware? As a non-Facebook user (signed up in college in 2004 and quit in 2017 when it got out of control), I'm have some reservations about logging back into the social media cesspool, but would like to upgrade the firmware on my PX6.

What's the cost for Sergey's firmware? As a non-Facebook user (signed up in college in 2004 and quit in 2017 when it got out of control), I'm have some reservations about logging back into the social media cesspool, but would like to upgrade the firmware on my PX6.
I believe $100. I can't order it until I get the 13.6 installed and pull up the firmware number and provide it to Sergey to make sure he sends the correct custom firmware.

I believe $100. I can't order it until I get the 13.6 installed and pull up the firmware number and provide it to Sergey to make sure he sends the correct custom firmware.
Thanks, that's reasonable and I'll probably order it, after quickly re-signing up on Facebook and then dropping it again :).

The 13.6" is Android 10 tho so how are you gonna do the firmwareon that?

Installed the 13.6 screen yesterday. Installing upgraded Sergey firmware later today. Douch nicer having actual knobs for volume and tuning.

IMG_20210924_074112_230.jpg

gonna need a comprehensive review.

how's initial impressions of responsiveness and speed?
Much quicker than the PX3 I had in there. Better layout with more options. No weird glitches in the two days I ran it without Sergey firmware. Just installed the firmware on Saturday, but haven't really had much time to set it all up and mess with it. It looks way better already though.

Got

IMG_20210926_140138.jpg

Much quicker than the PX3 I had in there. Better layout with more options. No weird glitches in the two days I ran it without Sergey firmware. Just installed the firmware on Saturday, but haven't really had much time to set it all up and mess with it. It looks way better already though.

Got

View attachment 2796735
can you access the cigarette lighter and storage tray with this installed?

This head unit is atrocious, in all honesty. Ugly, bright, too many flashy things happening. Reminds me of Las Vegas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom