04 TUNDRA REAL TIME HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

There was a drive line vibration in my truck. Took it to shop to have u-joints changed. No brainer, right? NOPE A NIGHTMARE.....

The shop is unable to get the correct u-joint for the rear drive shaft rear end. Parts store parts do not fit. Any advice? I was going to get a drive line out of a junker but, the pick a park near me has -0- Tundras. I done believe that, but it is a 30 mile drive one way to check. Anyone have a clue as to WTF is going on.

This is my only work truck. I put ladder racks and 3 ladders on top of the 80 and am now driving that loud thing everywhere.

Last edited:
Moog parts wrong
master pro parts wrong MPJ369
SPICER SPI 5-1310X is the next victim.

you can spec ujoints by dimensions. find a real parts guy.

what's the actual details of the truck. motor and 2 or 4wd?

you can spec ujoints by dimensions. find a real parts guy.

what's the actual details of the truck. motor and 2 or 4wd?
4X4 SR5 ACCESS CAB V8 MOTOR Only mod is a two inch lift. We tried to spec out the part. NAPA has not delivered it for 2 days. Hopefully I will be able to find an OEM one nearby.

here's the part # i found.
i can't see any real difference other than the G series trucks dont cross this on.

04371-60060

looks like that master pro number is a 27mm cap and it should be a 29mm

Hopefully this is helpful

looks like that master pro number is a 27mm cap and it should be a 29mm

Hopefully this is helpful
Thanks. It must be a New Mexico thing. I seem to have a hard time finding simple stuff and not just car parts.

Take your vin to the closest Toyota dealer. Hopefully a dealer near by will have it in stock.

Take your vin to the closest Toyota dealer. Hopefully a dealer near by will have it in stock.
Will be in Silver City today. Going to check there. The dealership in Cruces sucks. Thier parts are higher than Silver or El Paso.

U joint from Toyota using VIN# wrong part. Compared it to what was removed, and it was too big by a 1/16 of an inch. WTAF

U joint from Toyota using VIN# wrong part. Compared it to what was removed, and it was too big by a 1/16 of an inch. WTAF
was it the part# above?
and if it was too big, waz the MP too small or also too big.

maybe try ordering a front joint
also is this a double cardan joint? sorry not super familiar with tundra.

I need to find a drive shaft and see what the difference is. Did the plant use an odd ball drive shaft that day. IF the parts house is wrong and the dealership is wrong, what is the right part or is it the wrong drive shaft/

Took u joint to every parts house in town.. Could not find a replacement. WTAF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom