rear tail light ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got tired of ripping mine off, moved out of harms way

carn03.JPG

Go with a 74 and higher rear bumper. Much better in my opinion. I'm doing just this for a friend of mine who has a 71 this weekend I'll post up some pics.

Or you could do this :D

IMG_2534.JPG

Frenched em into my homemade rear bumper w/grill over. No pix tho...

i built a bumper that keeps the lights in the same (somewhat) area. but with more beef, and using LED lights.
Shane

2599.JPG

I recessed oval LED S/T/T into the 3"x5" box tubing I used for the bumper

sorry to hijak, but PARANOID-
clean out your PM box.

You are not taking any email, either

I ended up building a rear bumper for mine since the bumperettes were more of a factory crumple zone and didn't have much left to crumple. If you have the early round taillights you can use the GladWare lids off of the delimeat and cut them to fit. I did that for awhile, cheap, take plenty of abuse, and custom :grinpimp:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318498&highlight=bumper

SUb taillights

im not sure how it got done, but one of the PO's decided to put chevy sub' lights in the back of my cruiser. they look amazing

Last edited:
sand rider said:
im not sure how it got done, but one of the PO's decided to put chevy sub' lights in the back of my cruiser. they look amazing

Damn nice work there...I'm going to go throw up now.

haystax said:
Damn nice work there...I'm going to go throw up now.

X2.

HawkDriver said:
X3

Sorry man, :frown:

I need a mop, so ugly as I was looking at it, my son threw up and he was in another room. must have skipped a generation.

Max,

Either go with Stockish type lights (round or rectangle) OR if you want them up in the body go with the inexpensive trailer lights that are held in by gaskets. IE you cut a 4in hold and insert a gasket+light. They work really well and are inexpensive if you do bustem. I have chevy vega lights no their now because we had them kickin around but when i break em i have a set of rectangle trailer lights to put in. :bounce: :cheers: :bounce2:

Stew

X4³ beyond ugly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom