Builds ROTW - cruiserdan, 1993 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Threads
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Purchased new in 1993 and has slowly evolved over the past 12 years.

OME 850J/864
TRD supercharger w/methanol injection
Pillar mount boost gauge
Retro-fitted OEM difflocks
Extended diff breathers
Borla exhaust w/custom tail pipe to accomodate Slee bumper
Hanna Sliders
Slee rear bumper/tyre carrier
Personal design receiver hitch incorporated in Slee bumper
Slee skid
Slee headlamp harness
Slee sway drops
Slee rear adjustable panhard rod
One-off Stout Equipment front bumper with hidden Warn winch (one of one built)
Safari Snorkle
OEM steel wheels (5) with 305/70 GY Wrangler M/T mil-spec tyres
OEM OZ sub fuel tank with switchable fuel level feeds
Personal design drawer system w/kitchen box and trail spares box
Onboard Co2 for tyre inflation and air tools
JDM overhead console with altimeter and compass
JDM tool case in LH quarter panel pocket
JDM side turn lamps
JDM clear marker lamps w/turn indicators added
40th anniversary bodyside mouldings
JDM cargo area interior lamp (with a George LED in it)
JDM aux electric cooling fan
JDM hand throttle
JDM rear license plate bracket assembly
CDL switch with c-dan pin 7 mod... (a personal favorite)
In-cabin winch controls in addition to the remote handle.
Custom modified Garvin roof rack
Cobra CB with weather bands/Wilson glass antenna
Scion TC auto-dimming rearview mirror with three channel Homelink
George's LED's in the domes.
'01 Tacoma horns
80 004.jpg
80 003.jpg
80 001.jpg

Last edited:
A few more detail shots:
805.jpg
upper.jpg
boostme.jpg

A few more:
engine.jpg
80 009.jpg
80 002.jpg

JDM Goodies

Lovely. Where can I get a JDM upper console w/the compass and all? What's the fuel switch you have next to the rear heater swith?

Here is another one Dan. Moab in Background mini-cruiser Dan in foreground
Moab 243.jpg

Nice ride, Dan. I like your goodies.

M

i never knew half of those things were available i love this rotw idea and your rig dan

Jenny Cruiser said:
Lovely. Where can I get a JDM upper console w/the compass and all? What's the fuel switch you have next to the rear heater swith?

You don't want an upper console, they are too much money and are really more of a decoration than anything else.

The switch activates the fuel transfer system that pumps fuel from the sub into the main.

what is ROTW ?

and damn nice 80 ya got there :)

Hey CDan- can you tell us more about the "JDM aux electric cooling fan"?

Nice rig Dan. Looks like we had the same idea for the Co2. Passenger side, used the 3rd row mountig bracket holes to mount a bracket for my Co2. Can reach all 4 tires from there. :cheers:

Landpimp said:
what is ROTW ?

See the post on LOL. :bounce2:

Nice rig dan. If I ever get mine here I will have an idea of what to add to it. Did you miss anything or are you planning further upgrades?

Were Those pics taken this week?

Fly Rod

Cbizkit - thanks for taking this week.

Looks great. Figures you'd have a darn TRD boost guage :D I am a bit concerned though - that engine bay looks rather dirty compared to the way I figured you kept it clean enough to eat off of - maybe it's clean enough for B to eat off of and just not you :D

FWIW, that latch would get you a ticket in my town for obscuring the plate. :eek: <- this I know from personal experience.

Looks great.

Pimp - go back to sleep :D ROTW - Rig Of The Week - see the stickies.

Junk said:
Looks great. Figures you'd have a darn TRD boost guage :D I am a bit concerned though - that engine bay looks rather dirty compared to the way I figured you kept it clean enough to eat off of - maybe it's clean enough for B to eat off of and just not you :D.

Junk - When I saw it at Moab before wheeling, you could have eaten off it. He must be buzy since he got back.

CruiserDan said:
JDM tool case in LH quarter panel pocket

Pics please.

-B-

alaskacruiser said:
Hey CDan- can you tell us more about the "JDM aux electric cooling fan"?

It is difficult to photograph without removing the grille but it is used on vehicles with dual A/C and a cool box and it mounts to existing points on the condensor and center lock brace. I have it set up to come on manually with a switch on the instrument panel. That way I can bring it on line when ever I want. I like to be able to run it when the vehicle is being worked hard on low-speed trails.
80 010.jpg

Does VX stand for "Vehicularly Xcitable"? :D

cruiserdan said:
It is difficult to photograph without removing the grille but it is used on vehicles with dual A/C and a cool box and it mounts to existing points on the condensor and center lock brace. I have it set up to come on manually with a switch on the instrument panel. That way I can bring it on line when ever I want. I like to be able to run it when the vehicle is being worked hard on low-speed trails.

and I can see you intend to keep chickens out of there, too... what's with the chicken wire? :D

Beowulf said:
Pics please.

-B-

I stumbled onto this thing several years ago in my first issue microfiche. After that issue the reference was deleted. It also appears in my JDM fiche. Basicly it is a moulded plastic sleeve that occupies the space inside the LH quarter above the wheelhouse. The tool kit slides nicely inside it although I think it may not have been intended for that use.
80 011.jpg
80 012.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom