Thinking about Propane? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had Roy, the propaneguy, make me an adapter that will work with impco 225, or 300a mixers and a 2F engine.

He can sell you just the adapter for $65, and he can put you a whole kit together for a few hundred bucks.
I'll take pictures when my stuff gets here.
www.propaneguy.com

I just removed a propane system from a 40. Couldn't go anywhere! 60 litre tank went about 125miles. Not very good range.Horrible power as well. Sorry to be pessimistic but propane sucks!
internal combustion engines were not designed to run on it .Especially cruisers!

Whatever floats your boat. It has worked great for certain applications, and I am confident it will more than meet my 40's needs.

What sucks is trying to go up a near verticle obstacle, and having your carb just totally shut down with no warning. That is what sucks to me.

IIRC, Mace is running propane in his buggy 40 and raving about it. I'm sure he'll have something to say about this when he's back online.

ScottFJ40 said:
Whatever floats your boat. It has worked great for certain applications, and I am confident it will more than meet my 40's needs.

What sucks is trying to go up a near verticle obstacle, and having your carb just totally shut down with no warning. That is what sucks to me.

To solve that problem, propane is awesome. I've talked to the propane guy and he's helped convert more than one 2F Search pirate, there's several guys there that have doine it. For a trail based rig this is a good conversion. Plumb your system so you can add a bbq can of propane for if you run out, and leave it at the trailhead or strap it in. I believe Mace is one of those guys Mark...

Scott,
Your info is appreciated. I have no plans to do so on my 40 anytime soon, but it's nice to know of the availability and price of this option. Range wouldn't be an issue for me. Also, it'd be cool to have a more environmentally friendly cruiser.

Is this ANOTHER PROPANE thread?

don't want this to fall off the front page....might not be able to find the FAQ section....

too tall said:
I just removed a propane system from a 40. Couldn't go anywhere! 60 litre tank went about 125miles. Not very good range.Horrible power as well. Sorry to be pessimistic but propane sucks!
internal combustion engines were not designed to run on it .Especially cruisers!
Your motor was not set up for propane properly.

If you set up the motor well you should nto get horrible mileage.

Scott, what made you go with the smaller mixer? I thought the 425 was the one for the 2F.

Glad you were able to get an adapter fabbed up.

don't want this to fall off the front page....might not be able to find the FAQ section....

jesterb said:
Scott, what made you go with the smaller mixer? I thought the 425 was the one for the 2F.

Glad you were able to get an adapter fabbed up.
Roy suggested the smaller mixer. He also said the 300 would be fine for the 327 that will one day find a home in my cruiser's engine bay.

I am waiting on my tanks from a friend, then I'll put this system together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom