Cruise Moab - The Aftermath (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
CM2007_011.jpg

CM2007_023.jpg

CM2007_048.jpg

Jon had a really intense endo on Fins on Saturday as well....

Pucker factor indeed.

Beo immediately backed up and pointed down a new line....he wasn't following Pappy!

Cool avi's Jon.

Sorry I missed you guys on Saturday night....the female unit wanted out of Moab immediately....:rolleyes: :crybaby:

-onur

Jon had a really intense endo on Fins on Saturday as well....

Pucker factor indeed.

Beo immediately backed up and pointed down a new line....he wasn't following Pappy!

-onur

Why, I have no idea what yer talking about. I had no issues at all ... :rolleyes: Endo? New line? Pucker factor? HEART ATTACK!

Jon

Last edited:
Here are a cople of pics.
First is looking west from Hurrah Pass at ?
Second Mike and Dan coming out of Elephant Hill.
Harah.jpg
mikem.jpg

Jon - Where is that first picture from?

This was an excellent trail - Golden Spike:
Crack Small 07.jpg

Cool pictures guys! (and videos). I'm interested in hearing more about Jon's "heart attack" as well as getting the scoop on Behind the Rocks. That first picture of Jon's looked exciting - like maybe the 4Runner was considering tipping over backwards.

CM07 was a blast. I didn't see any HDC trucks on Friday (Cliffhanger) or Saturday (Gold Bar Rim), but both trails were great. I guess it's a good thing I got to do Cliffhanger on Friday, since it was cancelled on Saturday due to rain. It's a fun trail - I would recommend it.

Ellen and I will be hosting the May meeting at our house in Tijeras - I'll start a new thread on that and get directions to Jon for the HDC website. Feel free to bring any Moab pictures, DVDs, etc, and we'll do our best to display them at the meeting.

Evan

Attendees and Guests: (I may need some help with this)

David, Ashleigh, & daughters.
Vince, Elmer & Yolanda
Evan, Ellen, Dawn, Craig, Maudie, & Chris
Jon S & Guest
Mike M.
Dan, Sara, Benjamin, & Patrick
Onur & Alissa
Graham & Jonathan (Jon)
Steve & Wendy

A big group made it to the banquet on Friday and most of the group made it to the dinner with club members on Saturday evening.

My runs turned out great and the weather, though not optimal, was not an issue. We had a great day on Thursday doing E-Hill in spite of the wind. Friday turned out to be a great day with plenty of sunshine for pictures on Hell's. Saturday was looking to be dismal but the rain stopped before our 9AM departure and the "clean" slick rock on Fins gripped the tires extremely well. For most of us, the mud and water was a non-issue and almost every truck in our group was doing the hard lines and the optional obstacles.

At least one club member (who shall remain unnamed for now) attempted one of the hardest lines I've ever seen. Picture a 3-4' vertical drop @ 5 MPH, off-camber to the DS. Attendance at the May meeting is the ONLY way you'll get to see this video until May 14th. We have exclusive viewing rights next weekend only. After that, it goes to the new "pay-per-view" You-$-Tube with 10% of the proceeds going to High Desert Cruisers and the remainder to the photographer. (We're gonna get rich! :D )

-Mike-

Last edited:
At least one club member (who shall remain unnamed for now) attempted one of the hardest lines I've ever seen. Picture a 3-4' vertical drop @ 5 MPH, off-camber to the DS. Attendance at the May meeting is the ONLY way you'll get to see this video until July. We have exclusive viewing rights next weekend only. After that, it goes to the new "pay-per-view" You-$-Tube with 10% of the proceeds going to High Desert Cruisers and the remainder to the photographer. (We're gonna get rich! :D )

-Mike-

I'm betting the person in question drives a beater rig!:flipoff2:

Graham

I know who it was.......:flipoff2:

Musta been dreaming his *real* rig was running...

Jon had a really intense endo on Fins on Saturday as well.... Pucker factor indeed.

At least one club member (who shall remain unnamed for now) attempted one of the hardest lines I've ever seen. Picture a 3-4' vertical drop @ 5 MPH, off-camber to the DS. Attendance at the May meeting is the ONLY way you'll get to see this video until May 14th. We have exclusive viewing rights next weekend only. After that, it goes to the new "pay-per-view" You-$-Tube with 10% of the proceeds going to High Desert Cruisers and the remainder to the photographer. (We're gonna get rich! :D )

I know who it was.......:flipoff2:

Musta been dreaming his *real* rig was running...

My only regret is that there were several individuals from this club behind and in front of me to witness that gross act of stupidity. At least Dan was spared the abuse. It is cool though that somebody had the camera running. :grinpimp:

Jon

My only regret is that there were several individuals from this club behind and in front of me to witness that gross act of stupidity. At least Dan was spared the abuse. It is cool though that somebody had the camera running. :grinpimp:

Jon

I thought it was cool....[ in my best Beavis & Butthead voice ]

:grinpimp:

More pics. I had a chance to wheel with some impressive trucks.
Jon

Gary's FJ45 on an FZJ80 chassis and drivetrain.
CM2007_14.jpg

Cristo's new 100 creation.
CM2007_16.jpg

George in his dream FJ40.
CM2007_18.jpg

Last edited:
Gary's 45 HAS TO BE one of the coolest rigs on the planet.

To hink it's bookend is a 502 Merc-powered FJ62 makes your head spin.....:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom