ckkone UZJ100 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay now that some parts have arrived and I have something to take pictures of its time to start this thread. I got a 99' UZJ100 about two months ago, prior to this I had a very capable double cab taco. I loved the taco but the need to be able to carry more passengers got me into a LC. This is not my first LC, that was a 91 that was a complete lemon, I won't even get into that :mad: . The UZJ100 was a one owner, came with good records, was never offroad and never towed anything. I was hoping to call suppliers, place my orders and rip into this thing...Well it aint gonna be that fast due to some backordered items. So without further delay here is what I'm doing and the first of many pics!

Tires:
295/75/16 Nitto TG's Installed

Lift:
OME N133 front shocks - Installed
OME T-Bars - Installed
OME 863 rear springs - Installed
OME N74L rear shocks - Installed
OME 840 bushings (needed to run the N74L 80 series shocks) - Installed
Slee diff drop - Pending install

Armor:
ARB Winch Bull Bar - Installed
Slee Rear Bumper w/ tire carrier - Installed
Slee step sliders - Installed

Future Plans:
ARB fridge
Outback drawers
Warn winch
Safari Snorkel
IMG_4869x.JPG
IMG_4877x.JPG
IMG_4879x.JPG

Last edited:
its not gona fit in the garage either way....

and i think a nice set of slee sliders would be nice too. hehe macneill no he doesnt pay me...i just want them myself!

I will be putting the factory rack back on, and might get something else down the road.

I agree Slee sliders are nice, but out of my price range. I know that sounds funny but a few hundred here and a few hundred there adds up and before you know it that few hundred turns into thousands. I went into this with a wife approved budget and a list of things I wanted to do, this combination fits within that!

Cool! :popcorn:

All I see are a bunch of parts laying around. :confused:

You posted this at 10:56 last night. What are you waiting for? :grinpimp:

Looks like fun, let the wrenching start! I have to start checking the MUD site more than 5 times a day now:) Do the wives really understand the addiction:grinpimp:

Looks like fun, let the wrenching start! I have to start checking the MUD site more than 5 times a day now:) Do the wives really understand the addiction:grinpimp:

Mine finally does. She just approved AO roof racks! They left Slee's yesterday!

Well, it's been 24 hours and I ain't seen no pix yet...

Got the front suspension done, will post pics when I get home from work. Everything went smooth, took about 2 hours. Also probably scraping the ARB rear bumper and steps and going with Slee steps and Slee rear bumper/carrier. The wife could sense some concern on my part about the ARB steps, she said just get what you really want! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2:

Okay talked to Slee today, the rear bumper w/tire carrier and step sliders are in stock. I placed my order and they will ship at the same time as the diff drop, hopefully early next week!

Here are some pics during the front lift, I didn't take any of the torsion bars as I think Bull documented that very well in his thread. When I go back and do the diff I will snap a few for everyones enjoyment.

My before/after measurements were:

Driver side:
Before 28.25"
After 30.25

Pass side:
Before 28.25"
After 30.25
Pass_side.JPG
after_lift.JPG
fun_fun.JPG

Looks great! Nice job.

Did you do all that work in your mandals? I'd be afraid of getting black toe!

Also, it's interesting to see your CV boots leaking too. Hmmm...

Breaker bars and lube are your friend! I noticed the leak as well, I'm going to try new clamps and if that don't work get some new half shafts. I'm so stoked for the new bumper and sliders :D

What year is the pickup in the driveway? Reminds me of my old '93. I loved that truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom