2005 FJ40 Pakistani Soft Top and OEM Doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
PRICE REDUCED - $1,000, buyer pays ride and any paypal fees. Tons of interest but nobody has ponied up $$$ yet. Top only - no doors - currently on e-Bay...

Pics posted up below in 15, 16 and 17...

I am only considering selling this to fund some ARBs or an Orion and to finish a bathroom project, so flame away on the price, it's what it's worth to me - and I've no problem keeping it :flipoff2:.

$1,500 (maybe negotiable - what have you got to trade ;). 2005 Pakistani soft top frame and black vinyl top. Ordered in 2004, arrived several months later (2005 ;). Frame is powder coated a glossy black - stuff is pretty thick. Top is in fairly good shape and has sat in storage most of the time. One of the zippers on the rear needs to be put back together - just came apart, is in good shape. There is one small tree scuff across the top of one side - not noticeble, and the rope on the left upper door channel caused a rip in the vinyl. Havn't had it out since May - but I think the isenglass is in very good condition - might have some scuffs from the roll cage. All this sounds bad - but just want to be forward, overall it is a very nice and good condition top.

OEM soft top doors are in very rough condition. One small joint on drivers side frame needs some repairs, all seals are shot, and plexi is scratched. I have the extra black vinyl to match the top - see the TT issue on restoration.

Would make a killer top for someone who wants one now without the wait.

Located in South Florida - 33401 if you want to estimate shipping - hoops can be dissassembled. Can arrange for deliver to NW SC in two weeks - otherwise shipping is on your dime.

Last edited:
TTT.

Might consider offers - anyone wanna work out a trade for some 4.88 diffs, looking for one with an ARB, the other open carrier to be restuffed with my ARB. OR - I'd the trade the top and some cash towards a 3rd gen. Orion, preferably not assembled yet....

Pics please.

What configuration are the rear doors on your setup?

I'm currenty running half doors - heck if the top trades or sells, I'd sell those too. The paki top is a roll down in the rear with footmap loops for high speed traveling. I think my half doors have the footmap loops on them, and I installed two on the rear corners of the tub to match.

Thanks for the pic! I'm actually looking for a buddy of mine who's interested in a paki top. I'll forward the link to him, please post more pics when possible.

TIA-

Also... would you sell the top w/o the doors?

Thanks for the pic! I'm actually looking for a buddy of mine who's interested in a paki top. I'll forward the link to him, please post more pics when possible.

TIA-

Also... would you sell the top w/o the doors?

I'll put my kid to work on resolving my pic issue - 15 year olds should be good for something. Look for something over the weekend.

Yes - I'd actually prefer to keep the doors. I've got a set of soft top door hinges...

:beer: No pics yet - trying to find something posted on other pages. Should be able to figure out how to download to a diff. notebook this weekend.

Bill

This pic is from 2 years ago I believe.

IMG_2820.JPG

This past GSMTR

1247921-IMG_6340.jpg

I don't see the turn buckles on your tub. How did you keep it from blowing around?? Are the holes for the turn buckles in the top already?

I don't see the turn buckles on your tub. How did you keep it from blowing around?? Are the holes for the turn buckles in the top already?

Nice catch. :D

I still have a set of high grade stainless marine turnbuckles - I think I know where I have them stashed. Comes with the top. I installed the receiver part in the top (I think 5) but never put on the sides. I never drove it at high speed with the top - althought it does do 80 down 95.

I think I tossed the Paki stuff - it was krap.

Nice catch. :D

I still have a set of high grade stainless marine turnbuckles - I think I know where I have them stashed. Comes with the top. I installed the receiver part in the top (I think 5) but never put on the sides. I never drove it at high speed with the top - althought it does do 80 down 95.

I think I tossed the Paki stuff - it was krap.

Cool good to know you have some turn buckles. Do you know if the recieving portions in the top are in the factory location? I ask becasue my tub is predrilled for them.

Also, I don't see the frame section that goes over the door and attaches to the windshield. I assume you just took it off in that pic to drop the windshield?

Any chance you can get some detail pics of the damaged portions? The tear near the front, etc?

Thanks.

Yes - the upper door channels were pulled off at the time. Actually still sitting up in the attic.

The top is not torn, just the sewed on piece of canvas that has the rope in it that slides thru the channels on the driver side part that you noted as missing. Maybe the one on the front channel - don't remember.

I'll work on the pics - sorry, just a plain bummer that my notebook died while I'm spending too much on the Cruiser.

Raining down here and grass is wet so I don't have a place to spread it out proper and I don't want to get wet as it' going back up in the attic. Top looks really nice. Some minor black scuffs vertical on first side window, and lower horizontal on rear side window from my rollcage - it is barely noticeable. Rear isen looks perfect. The paki buckles are rusty but they are minor bits...
Top-Web.gif
Top-Web-Side-Isen.gif
Top-Web-Rear-Isen.gif

Frame - paki set screws are rusty as well as a few places on the insides where the powder coating couldn't get in - other than that - damn nice thick powder coating. Kinda got ripped on this - ended up paying $400 cause the sand blasting took so long due to all the small tubing. Then as I'd forgotten to tape the joints, had to sand those down for the tubes to fit together - better in the long run as they're painted proper.
Frame-Web.gif
Frame-Side.gif
Frame-3.gif

Last edited:
Ok - Last pics. Dial up suks.

Small tear in canvas channel over the drivers side door. It is minor, but an irritant - if you sew fixes easily...

The doors are rough and I will sell without, but it does make a nice package deal. I have the extra material same as top - see Toyota Trails article on restoration - looks fantastic.

All in all - do your research to see what it costs to order these, ship em, and then factor in your powder coating costs.... Not a bad deal for a kool looking top.
Top-Web2.gif
Doors-Web.gif
Door-Inner.gif

Last pics on this thread. Marine grade stainless turnbuckles included. 5 receivers installed on the sides - the remainder for the rear and all turnbuckles never installed.

If you look at the pics - you can see that the vinyl, stitching, zippers, etc. are all in really nice condition.
snaps-web.gif
snaps2web.gif
turnbucklesweb.gif

TTT.

Have had a couple of decent offers - I'm down to $1,000 for the top less the doors - buyer pays ride.

TTT - Price reduced to $1,000 plus ride and paypal fees (if that's your choice). Top only - doors are separate. :D C'mon somebody buy my junk :flipoff2:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom