Builds Moonshine - A Build Thread (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

johnny what's the measurements on the fans...... I need to upgrade my fans as one of them quit working.

johnny what's the measurements on the fans...... I need to upgrade my fans as one of them quit working.

Exactly the same size as the core of the 60 / 62 radiator?

Short answer is that I have no clue. I can measure it up later tonight when I get home if you'd like.

Exactly the same size as the core of the 60 / 62 radiator?

Short answer is that I have no clue. I can measure it up later tonight when I get home if you'd like.

sure would

Shroud, minus tabs, measures 24 1/2" by 17 7/8"

yours was the stock 60 series rad .. isn't it .?

Stock 62 radiator is what I'm fitting up with. Only difference AFAIK is the presence of the transmission cooler.

Last edited:
The project will be slowed down by the addition of a new puppy to my family. May I introduce Leucas :D

IMG_20120903_190822.jpg

Even though I had work and got to play with Leucas all day, I still got some work done on my new fan install.

First thing first. The new plugs I ordered from RockAuto work well!! After finding this out, I took the fan out to my truck, connected the fan up to the battery and found that the green wire with white trace is positive.

IMG_20120906_183022.jpg

I then mounted the fan controller and fuse to the shroud using a couple of stainless panhead screws, painted black, with speed nuts on the back side. I looked around for epoxy to glue the speed nuts to the shroud so I could remove the controller without removing the shroud from the truck, but couldn't find it. I was able to get a bunch of pressure on the screws with the speed nuts so I'm not too worried about them coming loose. I guess the controller won't be coming off anytime soon :D

IMG_20120908_155601.jpg

IMG_20120908_155619.jpg

Soldered in extensions to the motor pigtails so I could attach everything to the fan controller.

IMG_20120908_165355.jpg

A couple of hours later, I have myself a complete harness, 100% soldered and wrapped. Used zip ties along the route to keep the wires where they should be. I think it came out pretty good!

IMG_20120908_185717.jpg

Tomorrow will hopefully allow me to fabricate the mounts and these fans mounted to my new radiator!

nice toe nails johnny :eek:....:D

Good looking pup... Looks like a bundle of energy...

:cheers:

Seriously.

Dogs are dogs.

Let's see more of the toenails...

:lol: Thanks Chris! Drew, Onur and Al, you're all ridiculous, lol. I try to keep it mostly tech with only one non-tech picture and you all focus on my girlfriend's lower extremities. I don't suppose I can blame you though :grinpimp:

Looks good Johnny! Btw the pigtails I ordered from the link above are a perfect fit as well and are colored coded just as yours are. Hope this help saves a few $ for others in the future.

Clint

Looks good Johnny! Btw the pigtails I ordered from the link above are a perfect fit as well and are colored coded just as yours are. Hope this help saves a few $ for others in the future.

Clint

Damn, :lol: Thanks for confirming that Clint. I'll edit my other posts with this info.

Not a problem. Prolly a bit premature but is this going to be done for the 25th Rubithon?

Clint

That is a good question my friend. At this point, I have absolutely no clue. I'll know in about 9 months.

Got a bunch done today. I was able to get the fan mounted to my new radiator with brackets that I am truly happy with.

Started by cutting the tube to rough length and put holes in for the radiator captive nuts:

IMG_20120909_141633.jpg

Marked where the shroud bolts needed to go and drilled holes as low as they could go to keep the shroud as close to the radiator as possible:

IMG_20120909_150923.jpg

Cut some angles in the tube for aesthetics, then gave it a shot of paint. Used some adhesive foam between the shroud and the brackets to help seal up the irregular edge of the shroud:

IMG_20120909_172248.jpg

I then made a plate to fit in the hatch, to hold one of my flood lights as well as my dual channel PWM:

IMG_20120909_163547.jpg

IMG_20120909_163604.jpg

IMG_20120909_163612.jpg

Gave the parts a shot of paint and now I've got to figure out how to fish the wire pair up into the hatch! Any tips would be much appreciated :D

IMG_20120909_182153.jpg

IMG_20120909_182202.jpg

I hope to have some time this week to get the radiator installed, and hopefully, the light, so I can use both this coming weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom