FZJ80 5 speed trans/transfer - H151 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The trans is sold

H151 (aluminum case) trans and full time tcase from FZJ80. I have a flywheel and used clutch to go with it as well as shifters.

I dont have all the parts you would need to convert.

You would need shifter boots, pedal work, clutch slave/master, shift fork, TO bearing, and a pilot bearing. Not sure what you need to do for crossmember as I have not done this conversion.

I have not driven this trans. The outputs are tight with no signs of leaking and the input is tight as well.

Ill post some pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
14 splines input shaft .. ? 300 mm flywheel ?

Correct. The flywheel bolt count will only work on the 1FZ engine though.

I picked this up with the idea that I would use it behind a 1HZ or 1HD, but the bellhousing and flywheel will not work for that. Of course I could get the parts to make it work - but I decided Ill just get a different trans.

im already bumping this. someone on this board who likes to post pics should scoop this up and do the conversion. I wish I had the time

Id be willing to do the conversion for someone local - though as I said I have not done it before and it would entail some additional parts cost (and time) .

The FZ came with a specific ECU for manual or auto and Im not sure if that is a required change to do the swap.

pics

pics of the trans
DSC02657-1.jpg
DSC02659-1.jpg

Correct. The flywheel bolt count will only work on the 1FZ engine though.

I picked this up with the idea that I would use it behind a 1HZ or 1HD, but the bellhousing and flywheel will not work for that. Of course I could get the parts to make it work - but I decided Ill just get a different trans.

Why you said that the bellhousing are not the same .. ? here the 1HD-T come with the H151 tranny 14 coarse input shaft and 300mm disc ..

As same as the 1FZ have ..

Actually the H150 ( only change few gears ) share the same bellhouing and only change the spline count, fine 21 and it use the 275mm clutch as same as the H55F do .

Why you said that the bellhousing are not the same .. ? here the 1HD-T come with the H151 tranny 14 coarse input shaft and 300mm disc ..

As same as the 1FZ have ..

This bellhousing is not the same pattern as the 1HZ / H55 that I have (which would be the same as HD) . There is a different toyota part number for the bellhousing for this trans between the HD and FZ engines as well.

There is a short production period for those HZ and H55F combos .. they disapear here close to the 90's only a few years .. and Toyota swap to 1HZ with t H150 tranny combo .. this late H150 and H151 share the same bolt pathern ..

There is a short production period for those HZ and H55F combos .. they disapear here close to the 90's only a few years .. and Toyota swap to 1HZ with t H150 tranny combo .. this late H150 and H151 share the same bolt pathern ..

Im pretty sure H55 was mated to 1HZ in a lot of 7x series through 1998.

This 151 is from a 96. Ill take a picture of the pattern difference between the two if you would like to see it.
There could be a 150 and 151 that have the same pattern if they are both from HZ/HD.

There were a few who told me this trans wouldnt work with the HZ/HD because its from a FZ - and they were right.

should be nice to see those comparative pictures .. and yes maybe there the HZ and H55F combo where for more years than down here ..

Let's see the diferences between the FZ and HD/HZ bellhousings ..

should be nice to see those comparative pictures .. and yes maybe there the HZ and H55F combo where for more years than down here ..

Let's see the diferences between the FZ and HD/HZ bellhousings ..

first pic is the 151 with the rear plate from a 1HZ engine matched up. They are not even close.

Second pic is 151 on the left and 1hz bellhousing on the right.
bh1.jpg
bh2.jpg

Thanks .. very informative those pics.

You get right .. maybe the diference are in the bellhousing and both ( the FZ and HZ/HD ) share the same boltpather from the bellhousing to the tranny ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom