WSSR time moved (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers

post ho
Threads
Jeremy, can you inform everyone about the time and location for the run.
i have to head out the door.

everyone is welcome.
will give a list of minium requirements later.

Very quickly here are the two possible dates for the WSSR. For those who have not been in the loop the WSSR will be taking place around Parry Sound (where we went Winter Wheeling - directions to follow later). We will be attempting to finish the trail we ran in the winter but had to turn around on due to the LARGE hole we came across.

The first date is the weekend of May 30/31st. This would be the first possible weekend for wheeling on the trail that we have set out to run for the WSSR. My suggestion would be to head up on the Friday night and possibly stay until the Monday - reason being the trail officially opens on the 31st. Not likely to be too many bugs at this time either.

Second date weekend of June 13/14th. Could head up on the Friday and do a quick (hopefully) night run like last time. Likely a little drier and a little warmer.

In both cases I am again more than willing to host people at the cabin - keep in mind bed/ floor space is limited. However, there will be electricity, warmth, indoor cooking facilities and outdoor washroom facilities.

Okay so those are the dates - preferences??

Discuss.

j.

Last edited:
thanks for the heads up Jeremy n Wayne. i'm down for a little warmer weather in June, there was some talk about sleepin in the bush?! i'm down for whateva!. headed for a roady to BC with fam mid/end of May so i'll vote for the june wssr. but if all's good for end of may with everyone, then no biggy on my end, should be more fun wheelin trips over teh summer.

Jeremy, big big thanks for offerin the warm cabin again, mighty generous of ya. :beer:

either would work for me but the later one will work better.
which ever gathers the most interest.

requirements:
MUST: good attitude
willing to help out if someone is in need
basic tools
decent tires
MUST: tow hooks front and rear. other wise your truck might have to be left in the bush.
MUST: good brakes and steering
this is a family event so wives and kids are welcome. it would be nice if they got along well with others.
MUST: a willingness to listen to advice.

suggestion: if you have a pretty truck then catch a ride with someone else. body damage is a possibility on ANY run, crap happens. we are not looking to damage our trucks but it might happen.

if you are seriously thinking of attending then post up and let us know. as long as there are 3 or more trucks the event is a go.

This sounds like a good time. I would love to get some cruiser time ( I'm surrounded by J**PS).
I'm across the lake from Parry sound (Huron), so it would be a bit of a drive.
If you have any pics of the area, please post up.
P.S. If anyone does a ride near The Soo, let me know!

I'm gonna do my damndest!! - but man oh man I go through a lot of veggie on these long trips!! Is the date set for the June 13/14th? (better for me) MooseCruiser is ready to leave now!!

-the gotta get done list-

*front tow hooks (duh) and larger shackle holes
*Squash the veggie tank to make it shorter and longer to fit under the -->
*drawer system/bed platform for the back.
*TRY to get that damn turbo in!! (good excuse to fix the exhaust!)
*fix the hole in the rear wheelwell!! (stop the water coming in)
*video camera mounts, bumper pole mounts & under the truck!

That was some of the most un-comfortable sleeping I've had in a long time!! (need more padding!)

Hey Bruce,

Yup the 13th/14th is the target date right now. It will actually be a bit closer for you guy not quite as far North on the 400 actually if you are serious about coming I might be able to suggest a better route up 11 and then across on the 518 - our place is just off the 518.

Depending on the number of people interested you might not need to work on that sleeping arrangement too much there is some bed space and lots of floor space up for grabs.

j.

i will defintely be there ! and yes i am ready to leave at the drop of a hat . i taught my 13 year old daughter how to drive the cruiser this past weekend .she did awsome ! she then turned to me and said ok i am ready for the trail ....as long as i can drive ,you scare me dad the engine really makes too much noise when you drive .moosing it Eh crusher.lol
seriously i am ready no matter the date just keep me informed .too much fun with you guys to turn it down . just give me suggestions to improve my ride before the trip .
mike

who is coming for sure?
who is seriously thinking about it?

let me know ASAP.
thanks guys

June 13, 14 is the weekend. I believe they may be heading up Friday afternoon or evening.
Dave

Mr MoMo
Lost
CND-CRZ
Moose
My FJ62
Crushers

am i missing anyone? looks like a nice turn out. bug spray and head netting.

ummm, i beleive where we are staying is right on a lake. but you will need to ask FJ62 about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom