How To Tell If Your Head Gasket Is Blown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep it's been around for a while, common in the Supra world. Napa sells it also and it works great. Very rare to have a false positive. Last time I bought one from Napa it was around $50.

Anyone used one of these???:hmm:

It looks like there is a lot of that blue liquid for the test. Maybe you could buy one kit and test a number of vehicles.

Last edited:
Pretty cool test Jackson. It may confirm a failure but may not rule one out. I believe it would only work with the tstat open, meaning it probably would have missed mine. It also would not detect a failure between the oil and coolant ports. It should pick up a firing ring failure, which is one of the hardest to detect. It wouldn't be a bad tool to have around.:idea:

I also have one in Northern Virginia. Been using it for about 2 years now... I use it every few months just to make sure as I have a number of vehicles with known head gasket issues (BMWs and SAABs have issues too).

If you are in Northern VA, let me know and we can test your car. I hhave a ton if the liquid left.. there's enough to test maybe 30 cars? and I think its cheap to replace the stuff too.

Bill

A friend used it and have no complaints.:popcorn:

Yep there are tons of uses in one kit. It isn't a one shot deal. Good idea for a club to do a group purchase.

I've been wrestling with concern for my HG as I occasionally have a small amount of water in my oil on cold days, no other HG signs, would this kit help? Also would you have to get the engine up to temp so the tstat is open to make this work or would the residual gases in the system (if they exist) give you a posiitve even if the coolant is not circulating thru the entire system?

Cheers Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom