Cheap ScanGauge II alternative (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's pretty bad ass. i have some of there products on my Z06. I talked to felipe in tech support he told me obd2 scanners are all basically the same. Whatever the ecu send outs on those channels will be picked up by any reciever/tuner in the same way. Kinda like an fm transmitter on an ipod any radio on that station gets the same signal. I'm ordering one for mine there only $179 and the app is free.

Very Cool. I was going to buy gauges and a pillar pod. Not, now. Just bought one. Thank you for the post. The site says the offer expires 8/22.

He also told me if for any reason it doesnt live up to your expectations to simply return it for a full refund minus return shipping.

I was skeptical but impressed by their website (it doesn't take much :) )

I pulled the trigger, I'm interested to know where you guys mount these, dash real estate is getting pretty low in my truck, post up when you find a good spot.

I'm generally forgetful and won't send in for "mail-in rebates" I hope I can remember this one!

Dan.

Looks promising I like the more compact shape of the scan gauge but at that price who could argue.

Looks pretty decent, though that website and the made for tv ad makes me nervous about entering my credit card information. :eek:Maybe worth the hassle of signing up for paypal to play it safe....but it is very tempting for 60 bucks or so. Anyone in denver area with a paypall account already thats ordering one? :D

I'm generally forgetful and won't send in for "mail-in rebates" I hope I can remember this one!

If you don't it's only $9. I nearly always skip mailing in rebates as they are such a hassle, so I usually just figure the cost at whatever it is not including the rebate.

Still a great price.

Looks pretty decent, though that website and the made for tv ad makes me nervous about entering my credit card information. :eek:Maybe worth the hassle of signing up for paypal to play it safe....but it is very tempting for 60 bucks or so. Anyone in denver area with a paypall account already thats ordering one? :D

When I went through the checkout process, I used paypal. I'm a member but it clearly stated that you don't have to be to use paypal to pay for this. Thought that was useful.

If you don't it's only $9. I nearly always skip mailing in rebates as they are such a hassle, so I usually just figure the cost at whatever it is not including the rebate.

Still a great price.

Yep, I'm kinda like that. Not even clear to me why they reduce the price from a stated $200! all the way down to $39.99 but you have to do a mail-in rebate to get that last $9!! :lol:

Dan.

I've got one on the way using Paypal. I'll let you all know if it's all they say it is when I get it.

One on the way! Thanks for the lead!:clap: A big sigh of relief as the paranoia will soon leave the mind:beer:

Got one too.

Count me in as well. I've been wanting a SG but at this price I gotta give it a try.

Thanks for the heads up!

Please read post 29 scangauge2 vs ultragauge?? - Page 2 - MX-5 Miata Forum

The guy who posted that is associated with ScanGauge, but the facts he presents appear to be true and valid. I am going to pass based on this, but for who those ordered one, I'd like to know how these work, if you get them :)

Please read post 29 scangauge2 vs ultragauge?? - Page 2 - MX-5 Miata Forum

The guy who posted that is associated with ScanGauge, but the facts he presents appear to be true and valid. I am going to pass based on this, but for who those ordered one, I'd like to know how these work, if you get them :)

I read that post and it is disappointing that they market that way, but at the same time the scan guage guy didn't say anything about the product not performing as it should. Yes it sounds like they spam forums, but lower advertising cost is one way they are able to offer a product at a lower price. Not ideal, but I do love to save money.

if anybody gets one before the 22nd, please let's hear ASAP how it works on the cruiser..... thanks

if anybody gets one before the 22nd, please let's hear ASAP how it works on the cruiser..... thanks

i doubt there is actually a cutoff of time for this offer.

I did a search on the ultra-gauge a few days ago, and found a discussion and pics on a Ford Truck forum. The user was not a spammer. The user liked it, and he ordered it on Fri, and rcvd it on monday.

I have no doubt the thing works, but I'd like to know what gauges are going to show on the 80. I imagine the same as the SG but never know...
This thing will never sell for $200 likely, but it may indeed be a bit more than the sale price after it gets established.
I'd also like to know if it can show monitor readiness. That's what did me in at the last smog test... Not seen anything about that on their (not so good) site, though.

Last edited:
I'd also like to know if it can show monitor readiness. That's what did me in at the last smog test... Not seen anything about that on their (not so good) site, though.

Not sure what is meant by "readiness"; they do claim it will show current as well as pending trouble codes.

www .ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/TEN/trouble_codes.htm

I ordered one--if there's something you would like me to check into when it shows up, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom