FJ80 Projector 1 piece HID headlights on an LX450 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Another project, and its only just begun. I wanted to update the look of the cruiser so I decided to go with the infamous Ebay projector headlights. I bought these lights, and at the time did not realize that the LX and 80 lights are style differently. I had posted a thread on here labled "help HID headlight nightmare". My reason for this thread was because the wiring is different on the LX than these lights come with. Sooooo, I cut the stock harness for the high and low beam and spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how to wire these things. Ended up re-installing the stock headlights, minus 1 working headlamp because of cutting the wires. Then posted a thread on here asking for help. After searching everywhere, I got bits and pieces from different sites and in the process learned that I was going to have to more than likely get a LC grill to replace the LX grill because of the different shape. I finally decided to just do it my own way. I first wired all of the LED lights and Halo lights in with the parking lamps, and cut the stock harness for the parking lamps and wired those in with the aftermarket ones. I found out + and - connections on the high and low beams, and wired the new high beam bulbs and the HID kit for the low beams. Turned them on, and wa-la, they worked, and super bright too. I opted for the 8K color on the HID's and real happy with them. Mounting was not a problem, they mounted right up. Now....I got the black lights and they came with the black trim, and my stock trim was chrome, and the grill is chrome and leads into the headlights, so the chrome on the grill was overlapping into the headlights with black trim. LX guys know what I'm talking about. So I taped off a line on the grill that followed the very outer edge, and then sprayed the part that extended past the tape satin black, so now the grill looks like it is a piece by itself. Then I cut out the back of the grill on the upper corners and shaved a few of the grill down to mount flush over the LC lights. You would never know the customizing of the grill if it wasn't pointed out. Overall, much more work than I anticipated, but so worth it, I love the look, and it really updates the look, and the HID's are incredibly bright and night. :D
IMG_3279.jpg
IMG_3281.jpg
IMG_3376.jpg

more pics
IMG_3378.JPG
IMG_3379.JPG

a few more
IMG_3381.JPG
IMG_3382.JPG

Still not quite sure about the grill, it is the only chrome on the whole truck, and I am thinking of spraying the grill and the trim around the lights a dark charcoal. Anyway, here is a picture of the whole truck with the lights. A before pic and after with new headlights, and Land Rover fender vents installed.
user47702_pic10151_1252886696.jpg
IMG_3414.jpg

Oh yea, I also re-sprayed the front bumper to the factory color, previous owner had replaced the front bumper and bought a black one. Hurrray for Duplicolor truck and suv spray paint, turned out real nice, I put 2 coats of clear on top of that.

like the side vents on the front fenders. Looks slick.

I am impressed. Really polishes off the front end. What do you think the total cost of the mod was?

Looks good! :cool:

I'd love to see the light pattern/cut-off, if you don't mind!

Nice work!

I am impressed. Really polishes off the front end. What do you think the total cost of the mod was?
I paid $245 for the lights with the HID kit already installed, and the rest was a little spray paint and lots of cutting and grinding with a Dremel tool.

Not a fan of the aesthetics of those lights. You should post a pic of the light pattern at night.

I'm considering this headlight kit but would like to see the light pattern before pulling the trigger. Can you snap a few evening pics so we can see how well the cutoff line is?

Also, I like the tinted turn signals; What did you use for that?

Cheers,
Salue

looks much better on a black rig than most ive seen.

+1 for cut-off

nice job
can you post a close-up picture of the grille-light area that you shaved down?
You did a good job of making it look clean.

Looks great. Hey, could you take a close up of where you had to trim the grill? Did the lights bolt up without modification otherwise?

Karl

Still not quite sure about the grill, it is the only chrome on the whole truck, and I am thinking of spraying the grill and the trim around the lights a dark charcoal. Anyway, here is a picture of the whole truck with the lights. A before pic and after with new headlights, and Land Rover fender vents installed.

I say spray it. I did it to mine and it looks good. I don't have an updated pic of it but I got a landcruiser grill to eliminate all the grinding and cutting. I painted it flat black.
lex2.jpg
lex1.jpg

I say spray it. I did it to mine and it looks good. I don't have an updated pic of it but I got a landcruiser grill to eliminate all the grinding and cutting. I painted it flat black.

Sanchez,
Are those the same projectors the OP used? Are yours HID or halogen?

Salue

Brush Bar?

Like the light upgrade. What bar is that on your truck Eibach?? Look cool!
Your fog lights are off the truck in the last pic -- are the hids so good that you don't need them anymore?

Thanks, jt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom